Need help with an UTAU voicebank's breaths

k.kitty27

Momo's Minion
Whenever I insert Yuuma Sekiga into UTAU and try to use a ust that includes breaths, his breaths won't play. But when I insert just the folder of breaths into UTAU they do work. It's like the program doesn't recognize that his breaths are inside of his voicebank folder. Is there any way I can fix this? I've used Kana Utayume male before and his breaths worked fine. I really want a way to use him without rendering the breaths separately, but if there's no solution then I guess that will have to do.

Thanks in advance.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I do not recommend using standalone breath sounds in UTAU. Breaths don't need to be changed in length or pitch, so the only thing you're achieving is distorting the sound and making it more difficult to time naturally. Try adding them during the mixing phase instead.

k.kitty27

Momo's Minion
I do not recommend using standalone breath sounds in UTAU. Breaths don't need to be changed in length or pitch, so the only thing you're achieving is distorting the sound and making it more difficult to time naturally. Try adding them during the mixing phase instead.

I had a feeling you'd say that, I've seen you don't really like when people use breaths inside of UTAU, but I like using them inside of it. I'm too lazy to add them in afterwards or whatever, it's too much work. Also, it's not like I make covers for the public to hear, it's just for my own entertainment so I don't mind if sometimes the breaths sound weird, but they're mostly fine. It's okay if you can't help with my issue, maybe someone else will have a solution.