My UTAU won't sing some notes

RINGO

Teto's Territory
Heey! Tsuki / Ringo's owner here~
So I reinstalled my UTAU software some weeks ago, and I'm trying to cover some songs again with my voicebank.

But most of the times when I take an .ust and try to make my utau sing it, there are parts -I mean 'notes'- she just won't sing.
It's weird, 'cause it cannot be the oto.ini's fault, nor the sounds fault.
For example my current problem is with the 'Joking Speaker' .ust.

Here's an example:
She should be singing 'Hitotsu, Hitotsu' but she's singing 'Hito-, Hito-'.
I tried changing the lenght of the 'tsu' note, the envelope settings and even the pitch, but nothing helped.
Here's how it sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/crazytsuki/why-not-sing-tsu-d
Also, I tried writing another 'tsu' note somewhere else in the .ust, and she sings that just right, so it's really weird that only at this part, she won't sing that specific note.

I attached a picture of this part in the .ust, but my computer shows hiragana characters as some weird symbols... don't freak out.

I would really appreciate any ideas of how to fix this.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 33

jasmin00

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
hmm..Try to record tsu again, and oto that , and then try again. oh and set your locale to japanese. I had this same problem. and if this doesn't helped..I dunno what's wrong :/

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Have you checked the consonant velocity of the note? If it's too high or something it might not play. I can't hear the sample cause these school computers won't let me but try also fitting the voice to the UST.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Change your locale to Japanese and reinstall, firstly. You might have to re-unpack the UST for it to become hiragana instead of mojibake (garbage).

After that, re-do your UTAUloid's aliases or just type "tsu" in romaji into the note and see if it plays then.

Additionally, you may want to reset the envelope for that note, and see if that helps (though it sounds more like the note isn't being called at all than an envelope issue).

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think it's an envelope issue, because I know that the Joking Speaker UST is specifically edited to make it sound like "hitots" as opposed to "hitotsu"

RINGO

Teto's Territory
Thanks for the answers, everyone!

I tried changing my locale and reinstalling UTAU.
I got rid of 'mojibake' and now I can read the lyric as hiragana (which is great!), but the 'tsu' is still silent. I tried writing simply 'tsu' instead of 'つ' and it still won't play.
I also tried re-recording and re-otoing the 'tsu' sound, but still nothing...!

I really find it weird, that 'tsu' can be heard anywhere else in the .ust file.
The only way I can make it sound like 'hitotsu' is to delete the 'tsu' note and copy an other 'tsu' note from somewhere else in the .ust... Awkward.

Well... I can deal with my problem this way, but it would be nicer, if I wouldn't have to delete, copy and fix notes each time something like this is going on.

Masa

Teto's Territory
Maybe you should try resetting the envelope. Just select the "tsu", go up to the top where the play and stop buttons are, to the very right there's a set of 5 buttons, click "reset", then "ACPT" and "P2P3".
See if that works.