My first time making a ust/vsq

tetodash

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So I have just started working on making my first vsq (that will be converted into a ust too when done) and it’s kind of frustrating. I wanted to know how you guys stay motivated to do it. I’m doing what I thought wouldn’t be a hard song. I decided to go with Find The Magic from Equestria Girls. It’s not a super complex song but still it’s kind of frustrating for me to do. I’m not really having trouble with it so far, it’s just time consuming and not super easy. This is an English song so inputting the lyrics isn’t too hard for me because I’m making it in the V4 editor. Also for some reason I find that Vocaloid 4 is actually easier to use for me. I know some people who don’t have Vocaloid 4 have to use Utau and I can’t really imagine what that’s like to make usts in. I’m using Macne Nana English and it so much less confusing than using a CVVC English voice in Utau. Eventually I may do a Japanese song but I think that will also most likely be harder because I don’t speak Japanese and would constantly looking at romaji lyrics. For the song I’m doing right now I do have to look at the lyrics a little bit but not a lot. The hardest thing for me has been the note placement. I’m using a midi I found online but it’s not perfect so I have had to play around with the notes a little bit. I was working on it for like 45 minutes and only got a little bit done before feeling burned out. Some people must spend hours doing this stuff. I’m not sure how those of you that are really good at it do it because I’m doing a simple song and it’s still not easy. This is the first time I’ve done it though so hopefully I’ll get better as I do it more and more.