momone doesnt work *HALF ANSWERED*

Serrune

Teto's Territory
So as the title says, tey dont work, and my issue, is they dont sing, the sample is fine, but when i start play, i get file load error blablahblah, i use a japanese locale system, 8 gig ram, 2011 windows 7 originally, but upgraded to windows 10 unactivated, asus. disc drive
i have used ttinputhelper, i have iroiro2, i have those vbs and i dont know if it has an oto or not, but they should.

EDIT teto fixed no use def. vb

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Would you be able to provide screenshots of everything you mentioned? Your locale settings, your UTAU settings, the error message, the files inside the voicebank folder, and the oto window (press CTRL+G inside utau to open). And any other screenshots that might be relevant.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Would you be able to provide screenshots of everything you mentioned? Your locale settings, your UTAU settings, the error message, the files inside the voicebank folder, and the oto window (press CTRL+G inside utau to open). And any other screenshots that might be relevant.

Could you provide a screenshot of the UTAU window itself, showing the UST that you're currently using? In addition to the other things mentioned here.

Serrune

Teto's Territory
i used dragndrop for the voicebanks, so i cant do that
i reinstalled utau after the download
[doublepost=1576392725][/doublepost]where would i show the ust? also what is a ust? i found utau today
sry
[doublepost=1576392859][/doublepost]upload_2019-12-15_1-49-22.png
im loaded ito teto, i have momone, and default
[doublepost=1576392946][/doublepost]upload_2019-12-15_1-51-28.pngttinputhelper
[doublepost=1576393043][/doublepost]the other plugin (dont know japanese, i used googletranslate, the holy god)
[doublepost=1576393075][/doublepost]upload_2019-12-15_1-53-31.png

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
A .ust file aka a UST is the file type that UTAU uses. Its what a .doc is to Microsoft Word. When Kiyoteru was asking for a screenshot of the UST, its a screenshot of the main UTAU window with whatever project you were working on open.

But it looks like from your first screenshot you're using Teto's Japanese voicebank. However the lyric you have entered on that one note is for English. Whatever input method you're using has to match whichever voicebank you're using.

If you look in the voice configuration window you have in that first screenshot, take notice of the Alias column. Whatever is in the alias column is what you can input as a lyric on a note and get an output. Any text entered on a note as a lyric must have an exact match somewhere in that alias column (or must be the file name itself) or it will throw a file not found error because its looking for something that does not exist.

In the case of your screenshot, you have Teto's CV Japanese VB. this means you can input individual Japanese hiragana on each note, as seen in the Alias column. If you want to use Teto in English, you need to download her English voicebank and load that into UTAU instead and use the appropriate input method for that VB (which would be Delta's X-SAMPA based method)

Serrune

Teto's Territory
oh, ok. Thank you! Only one problem, where do i get english teto?
Also, for clarification,i intend to use teto as a talkloid (or i guess, talkutau)

Serrune

Teto's Territory
YES! IT WORKS! THANK YOU!
Edit: after trying it out, i get subscript out of range, ill try doing the reinstall of the plugin, but thanks! i get noise
edit 2: Ok, it works,
Now i need help with getting momone englsih

Last edited:

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
As far as I'm aware, Momo doesn't have an English VB. She doesn't have one available on her website.

The next best thing you would be able to do in that case is use Japanese to approximate English. i.e., use whichever Japanese syllable most closely matches the English pronunciation. eg, "thank you">さんきゅ/sankyu

Kazumimi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
UTAU "Engrish" geek here (couldn't come up with a better way to say that, haha), when using Japanese UTAU to mimic English, I highly suggest messing with the envelopes to cut off the vowel as much as possible for end consonants. I also recommend looking up OTO tutorials so you can possibly edit the settings to create end consonants! (You may want to look up a guide on CVVC OTOs; those will help you with end consonants.)

I recommend this one by Delta: https://ch.nicovideo.jp/delta_kimigatame/blomaga/ar533241

You can also use very, very short notes (I recommend around 120 or 60, but I recommend playing with the length and seeing what works for you) to "cut off" the vowels.

I also recommend using "e" samples to substitute for the short "i" sound (the "I" in igloo) and "a" samples to sub for the "uh" sound. I definitely recommend playing around and seeing which vowels work best for mimicking English, as it varies from UTAU to UTAU.

Reactions: Nohkara

Kazumimi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Erm, I hate to break it to you, but Ruko doesn't have an English voicebank. You need a voicebank with English capabilities to make an UTAU sing or talk in English, otherwise you'll have to use the "Engrish" method.

If you're looking for an UTAU with English capabilities, I'd recommend Aiko Kikyuune. But! She doesn't use the same reclist as Teto, so you'll have to learn both of their aliases. (I think her voice provider and fellow forum user, @/mystsaphyr has made a guide on using Aiko's reclist.)

You may want to go on the UTAU wiki to find voicebanks with English capabilities.

Last edited:

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, UTAU voicebanks (and vocal synths in general) are, with rare exception, made for a single language each and will only accept input that corresponds to that language. You can’t take just any voicebank, use English input, and expect it to work; it has to be made specifically for English.

And in the case of UTAU, there are often multiple input methods for any given language that also has to be taken into consideration. Just as I can’t use English input on a Japanese voicebank, I also wouldn’t be able to use English Arpasing input on an English VCCV voicebank despite both being English because they both use different input methods.

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
That’s a really strange generalization considering a vast majority of English VBs are made by English speakers and very few are even made by Japanese people.

Reactions: partial

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
many English Utauloid vb's also just sound like foreign Japanese people speaking English.
Have you listened to UTAU English semi-recently, or a few years ago? Things have changed a lot.
Some more recent examples under the cut.

Reactions: WinterdrivE

Mizupan

Momo's Minion
Oh! I haven't been up-to-date with new Utau English vb's. I just hear like teto's english and stuff.. isn't it kinda sad that Hatsune Miku speaks worse english than an Utauloid? hehe

Reactions: partial

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh! I haven't been up-to-date with new Utau English vb's. I just hear like teto's english and stuff.. isn't it kinda sad that Hatsune Miku speaks worse english than an Utauloid? hehe
Teto's VP isn't a native English speaker iirc. There's only so much fluency you can expect from a person who does not speak the language themselves! I'd argue both Teto's and Miku's fluency lies entirely in the hands of the users. I've heard some really, really wonderful Miku English stuff, and I've heard some not-so-great Miku stuff. Same goes for Teto!

And, no, I wouldn't exactly say it's sad that Miku's English is 'worse' than UTAU English. I think they both have their flaws and strengths! (Also, saying '....has worse English than an UTAU' sort of implies UTAU is still 'worse than Vocaloid', even though I haven't seen that argument in several years, eheh.)

Anyway, I think if you work with either program long enough you'll get used to the VBs and figure out the best ways to work around their issues!