mixing opinion/critique?

spookysneeze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Okay so I'm not really the most knowledgeable on mixing, but I think you did a rlly good job with this, considering I think with a song like this it'd be tricky to balance it so that the vocals aren't super quiet, but also aren't like, drowning out the song itself?
The only thing I'd say is that at some points the harmonies sound a tiny bit dissonant, if that's the right word? But it's not really particularly distracting or anything and I think it might just be that they're a lil too loud, so I'd say this came out good! ^^
(Again, not an expert on mixing-)

Reactions: Viran

Truly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'd agree that sometimes the harmony sounds like it might be out of the key of the song. If you want some help correcting them I'm p sure there's a bunch of people who would help, self included.

the mixing sounds alright. I turned the volume all the way down as low as I could get everything (1 on windows, and two pixels from mute on soundcloud), and I could hear everything appropriately.

I was going to suggest trying to widen out some instruments but I'm pretty sure this is a cover with an included instrumental, so that's not really your job!

It's usually good practice to throw a little delay/reverb on vocals but idk it it'd be fitting here for such a weird and dry song? I think I'd give it a tail under a second and leave the vocals overall pretty dry, but it's up to you to tell if that's what you want.

Reactions: Kiyoteru