Megurine Luka V4X

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I quite like that they've added ending breaths and the option to change between which appends should sing the note. The silhouette looks interesting and I can't help but wonder what the oval thing on the upper arm is.

The little thing lower on the arm kinda look like the thing some blow up pools/rings have to me. Luka swimpool madress thing for everyone!11!!!

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm a little sad that there will be no English appends but hell just listening to the improvement on the English bank itself I don't really care. I could use her V2 English together with the V3(cause they're still calling her V3) and could probably get interesting results.

The site says we could use EVEC in the Vocaloid editor by editing phonemes? That sounds pretty cool!!

As for the silhouette, it's nice I think it looks pretty but something...about her anatomy I think is throwing me off?? It'll probably clear up when we see the full color version.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
This is amazing *w*

Edit : for some reasons, that oval thingie minds me to some ball dresses.. You know, the puffy "sleeves" (i don't know how to eplainOTL)

And @ Iris maybe her head and the rest of the body ? She looks less tall but after that may be an effect... Once the art is fully revealed we'll see

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Milly Yeah see...it's like her legs are too short. If her hips/butt are where I think they are...her legs should be longer. And now that you bring it up her head might also be too big. But then again...things could be foreshortened and who knows how wide her hips actually are which could account for her big looking head cause her dress kinda obscures it. /blahblahblah

We just won't know until we see the full version~ But I have faith it'll look nice. I mean Miku, KAITO, and MEIKO's art all came out nicely. I doubt they'd let Luka's fall apart(more like I hope they wouldn't).

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Anyway,Ilike the idea of making her hair float this way as it's kinda like a reference to her soft-sounding V2 and all the water/sea/tuna/octopus people associate her with

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Technically all vocaloids are multipitch (except perhaps Miku English, who has all of 1 octave as her suggested range)

But this time, Vocaloid is catching up to UTAU again... and allowing us to choose which append to use per note.

I've actually wanted to see this type of thing in Vocaloid for a while, since I'm so used to the UTAU concept of combining appends in a single bank and using them like a multipitch.. something that seemed impossible in vocaloid unless you just had multiple tracks with one append each, and then only put certain notes on each track.

I'm really excited about her english bank and it sounds absolutely fantastic. I'm kind of sad that I settled for Sonika when Ruby and Luka V3 happened, but at least I like Sonika.

Reactions: samth1815

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
@adlez : yeah me too because that's more convenient than rendering the same VSQ(x) and then, trying desperately to remove/add the appended vocals you need ='S (especially as it can lead then to some choppiness and thu, break the transitions between the core and the appends)

So it's great and way much better to go onto what is possible in UTAU

Reactions: Kiyoteru

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ooh, so if we can use EVEC by editing the phonemes, this is going to make tuning more fun for me! I can't wait to start experimenting!

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeeeeeah

And you imagine if this feature was present for all Vocaloids ? (like what I feel like about incoming V4's new feature that will amaze eveyrone... Because honestly, what else can be a major improvement and appeal to everyone ? that wouldn't surprise me they test it on the last V3 ever)

That'd mean every vocal being flat, hard to tune and such would get their flaw fixed more easily *A*

Reactions: comet3

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeeeeeah

And you imagine if this feature was present for all Vocaloids ? (like what I feel like about incoming V4's new feature that will amaze eveyrone... Because honestly, what else can be a major improvement and appeal to everyone ? that wouldn't surprise me they test it on the last V3 ever)

That'd mean every vocal being flat, hard to tune and such would get their flaw fixed more easily *A*

If it was present on all VOCALOIDs, they'd become so much more expensive. (I'd like all VOCALOIDs to have it, but my wallet doesn't)

Plus, EVEC is sorta Luka's thing, it wouldn't make her unique if all other VOCALOIDs had it.

(Deja vu much lol)

Also, Luka isn't going to be the last V3. I'm pretty certain of that. From what I've heard, Ling and Lorra are coming along nicely and they may be the last ones along with Luka.

Arisa-chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yeah we get a teaser if her design!

al4-_oIh.png

Got it off of Vocaloid Brazil. And they said there there will be a stream featuring her on Nico soon.

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think I just heard my wallet jump into the shredder oops

On the plus side I'm super excited for her voice colors. As well as how her English bank has straight and soft ahhhh I want boatloads of demos

HOLY HELL if Google is translating it right there's some sort of growl function

/hypehypehype

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Aww... Well, that was to expect (that means that the Kagamine, Ling, Lorra will be likely V4 too as they weren't as advanced in the process as Luka is)

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm so glad I'm prepared for this I have money saved up for the editor and her bank~! Actually there's a discount on her bank if you bought her V2 or any of the other Crypton V3s

Her design is gorgeous!!! I can't wait for her release eeeee~!!!

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW dat Luka's design is amazing (thogh I do miss the V2 one OTL Sorry guys)

Plus I like the rockish/electro feel to her outfit

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I've already seen multiple people calling it friendty though so I guess we'll see

Actually there's a discount on her bank if you bought her V2 or any of the other Crypton V3s

WAIT SERIOUSLY

I have 2 Crypton V3s

yas