Megurine Luka V4X

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
The news thread for Megurine Luka V3 (since apparently we didn't have one previously...?).

Originally to be released for VOCALOID2 as Megurine Luka Append, Crypton is currently working on updating Luka to VOCALOID3.

Luka will be released in Q1 2015.

It is currently unknown which voicebanks will be included in the Megurine Luka V3 package.

Last edited:

FluoroLime

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yay! Will she have appends for her English VB (I swear that was answered in another thread but I forget XD)

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
@fluoro : not confirmed sadly, but I do hope they'd exist =C It'd be nice to have the first non-Japanese languaged-voicebank (talking about Luka!ENG of course, notLuka in herself) being appended

After well, there's the Soft append which we got an oooooooooooooold sample a while ago, but I don't know though if they kept it or if it'll be turned into the whisper/core...

So far we know (except if they changed again) there will be POWER, Whisper and the V3 update of her "core".... Then RUMORS said that there WOULD be "sexy" and "screamo" banks... but then it's just rumors, and I prefer to warn before someone else jump at my throat like crazy as it happened last time I've talked about this one (whereas also on that time, I've precised it was rumor mills and not WordofGodI'maknowitallYoohoo but it didn't avoid me to be flamed so -sighs-)

However it seems that at an early stage, Wat thought about making an "agressive whisper" and then, they try to make her sound "sexy" as the previous attempt didn't meet their expectations. And the new Core bank wil be able to reach "extreme pitches"... About correcting the issues she got on high notes, and the "bass"...

Anyway I can't wait for a demo so we can see and hear how it'll turn out OTL

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To be honest, there are at least 7 different banks that have been recorded for Luka V3, so I think we can expect to see 6 of these in the final voicebank package, what with the Americanized English and all.

mattzelo6

Teto's Territory
It would be cool for English to be re-recorded in case her voice actor's English has improved over the years.

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm pretty sure they have re-recorded it for the V3 Voicebank! ^^ The Americanized English will be, certainly, at least.

Reactions: samth1815

Fokkusu

Momo's Minion
Well, from my assumption if Crypton plays it out like Miku, we can see up to 4-5 appends. I would guess we will have Original, Whisper, Power, English, "Seductive?" - WAT did mention a vocal specialized in a sexy low tone. - With Luka being one of the most mature female voicebanks, we can probably count on an append specialized in that area. xD

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Last I heard, he was hoping for Luka_Whisper to be sexy but I'm not sure what the status of that is.

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The banks we have confirmed are Straight, Power, Soft, Whisper, "Ambient" (Kinda confirmed), English, Americanized English and one other that I can't remember at the moment o3o"
We can probably expect 1-2 of these to be cut from the final product.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Crossposting this from VO because I think it's pretty important.

Bioloid @ VO said:

Almost news!

The talk will offer a behind-the-scenes glance at the event, look back on a thrilling year that saw Miku tour with Lady Gaga in the US, and evoke upcoming events, like the release of the new Megurine Luka software, and more exciting projects in the United States.

Please. Please let there be a close light at the end of this tunnel.

Reactions: Xuu

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I'm so glad she sounds so understanable. A bit choppy on some parts, but that might just be the tuning. I cant wait till a clearer version comes so I can hear her voice more:love: Not to mention see her new design art.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Finally my queen is getting the love and attention she deserves!!!!

I'm so hyped for this I can't wait for her release~!

EDIT: Looks like Wat released the silhouette~ It's not final, there's a possibility it could change but here it is.

BzjXuyXCYAAUxoG.jpg

Last edited:

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Soon, like within the next coming hours, new information on Luka's new bank will be posted~! Looks like it'll be some art and a demo song(among something else)? My Japanese is not that good haha ;; Here's to hoping the whole V3 or V4 mess will get cleared up too. It'd be nice to hear something other than speculation.

EDIT: So, going back and half assedly translating more; looks like a new silhouette will be released today(the 7th so again in the next coming hours/by the time most of us in the western hemisphere wake up in the morning) along side some info/functions/whatever/something on her bank.

And then later this month will be an imperfect demo song and an illustration+some more info on functions.

Either way we're getting more info on her bank finally and that's always good. I can't wait to hear the demo song. But most of all...I really want some hard facts on the V3 or V4 thing. Then I can be hella more excited about the other stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: comet3 and Tema

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Info has been posted! Gonna do a quick sum-up from the info I've read.

First thing's first and the realest-

New silhouette!

10407683_10154861775360637_2281316375436550122_n.png

The official Miku Facebook Page confirmed that she's having one English bank and "several" Japanese banks.

Among the most important of the news is a new feature called Enhanced Voice Expression Control (EVEC For short).

Basically, it allows you to use more expression on a note-to-note basis. So, one note could be powerful and the following note could be cutesy, it's up to you! :smile:

evec_02.jpg

They posted a SoundCloud sample of EVEC in action-

Also, they updated her site with this new info, so be sure to check it out!

http://www.crypton.co.jp/mp/pages/prod/vocaloid/lukav3.jsp

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Woah, the EVEC thing is really cool and could, and probably will, add a lot of extra realism to her voicebank! :love: Can't wait to hear the demo~