Closed Looking to commission to convert my CVVC to a VCV

CYVIL

Teto's Territory
i can offer cash! hes 5 pitch CVVC, im looking for someone to only convert him to a 8mora VCV or any VCV

EDIT: i decided to keep it a cvvc!

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The benefit of recording a VCV bank over a CVVC bank is having an entire naturally recorded transition from note to note, instead of constructing it out of individual VC and CV units. You also get more subtle variations in the pronunciation due to every possible CV showing up 7 times, which results in a more natural sound.
Converting a CVVC bank to VCV will grant none of these benefits, and will sound exactly the same as well-configured CVVC when using the voicebank. If you want to genuinely improve the quality of the voicebank, you will need to rerecord. If you're simply having difficulty with using CVVC voicebanks compared to VCV, you may want to look into Presamp, which will automatically convert USTs without needing to manually edit the notes. https://ch.nicovideo.jp/delta_kimigatame/blomaga/ar477661

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Is there a specific reason why you need your bank to be VCV? CVVC can sound just as smooth as VCV and isn't complicated to use. You can either just convert your usts with the autocvvc plugin (only really necessary when you want greater control over vc endings and to smooth out vowel transitions), or skip autocvvc and only use presamp on a CV ust. If the problem is that you feel the results are choppy, then it's a matter of tweaking the configuration of the oto. Creating a VCV out of phonemes that weren't already recorded with VCV in mind will more than likely sound unnatural. You might be better off recording an entirely new voicebank from scratch.

CYVIL

Teto's Territory
The benefit of recording a VCV bank over a CVVC bank is having an entire naturally recorded transition from note to note, instead of constructing it out of individual VC and CV units. You also get more subtle variations in the pronunciation due to every possible CV showing up 7 times, which results in a more natural sound.
Converting a CVVC bank to VCV will grant none of these benefits, and will sound exactly the same as well-configured CVVC when using the voicebank. If you want to genuinely improve the quality of the voicebank, you will need to rerecord. If you're simply having difficulty with using CVVC voicebanks compared to VCV, you may want to look into Presamp, which will automatically convert USTs without needing to manually edit the notes. https://ch.nicovideo.jp/delta_kimigatame/blomaga/ar477661
huh i guess your right, just nobody really likes having to convert usts, but thank you!!
[doublepost=1598490985][/doublepost]
Is there a specific reason why you need your bank to be VCV? CVVC can sound just as smooth as VCV and isn't complicated to use. You can either just convert your usts with the autocvvc plugin (only really necessary when you want greater control over vc endings and to smooth out vowel transitions), or skip autocvvc and only use presamp on a CV ust. If the problem is that you feel the results are choppy, then it's a matter of tweaking the configuration of the oto. Creating a VCV out of phonemes that weren't already recorded with VCV in mind will more than likely sound unnatural. You might be better off recording an entirely new voicebank from scratch.
was mostly because the oto is messed up, but i guess commissioning a new oto would be smarter...