Looking for opinions on posting untuned usts

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Like the title says, I'm looking to see what people's opinions are on posting untuned usts instead of tuned ones.

The thing is I really don't feel up to tuning right now, but I have an untuned ust that I made just sitting on my computer. I don't know when I will tune it and I don't want to just leave it on my computer for all of eternity. It crossed my mind that I could just distribute it as is and then post a tuned version later, but my hesitation is that I've never actually seen anyone do this before and I'm unsure if people would be okay with an untuned ust.

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I see it as a good and bad thing:

Good:
- It encourages proper tuning
- It's easier to edit the ust

The only bad thing is that for newbies, tuning can be intimidating and having tuned usts as references can help immensly

spookysneeze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I always get rid of the original tuning on an UST before I use it now so I don't personally see it as a bad thing, that's just my opinion on it tho! if you want to just get it out there, I think it's just fine to post the UST and specify that you might post a tuned one later?

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
When I tune, I typically delete what's already there and start from there. Personally, I see nothing wrong with distributing an unedited ust since that makes things easier for more experienced users. But yanno, seeing a tuned ust works as a good reference for those who are still learning how to tune.

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ive downloaded a few untuned USTs before. I think it'd be fine if you uploaded an untuned one but i think some newer users would appreciate the tuned one too. Seems like i pretty much have the same opinion as the others in this thread. You should go ahead and do it, i think people will also be glad a UST for that song exists at all.

Amzsie

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think its ok to release a ust. Heck, when I release ust's, I normally release them untuned, and when I download one, I remove the tuning on it as well.

I think the biggest thing is; people would rather have ust of a song, than no ust at all.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for your opinions guys. It really helps to see that people have the same opinion on this subject that I do. I think I'll give myself a deadline of a few weeks and if I haven't tuned the usts by then I'll put them up for download untuned.

Reactions: Nohkara