Looking for a pronounciation feedback for Korean

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello!

Thanks one of my Twitter follower, I got re-motivated to create a full Korean Voicebank.

Because I want to my Korean voicebank to be as good as possible, I’m looking for someone who’s native or good at Korean to give a feedback on my overall pronunciation:

what is good and what needs to be improved?

If possible, a tip to improve would be more than appreciated.

The voicebank DL link is down below - thank you!

https://bowlroll.net/file/183712

clber

Teto's Territory
Hi, I'm native korean utau user. I'm sorry for the late discovery.
I think require a modifications at consonant+w(ex: "gw-", "dw-", "sw-"), sy-, and final consonant
Can you pronounce "go-wah" instead of "g-wa"?
I think Korean consonant+w pronunciation is more Rounded consonant.

☆☆☆ 쉬[swi] is pronounce [shwi]!!

like this

and [sy-] is [sh-].
The Korean community chose to write [sh-] as [sy-]
I'm not really reading [sy-], Furthermore many korean speakers can't pronounce [sy-]

and I hope you don't put a schwa on final consonant. especially C-C voicebank(ex : am_gam_nam_dam_ram_mam_bam)

Finaly This is the standard phonetic transcription used by the UTAU community in Korea.

ㄲ= gg
ㄸ= dd
ㅃ= bb
ㅢ= eui

vowel and fortis consonant pronunciation is nice.
I hope a good voicebank comes out.

Reactions: Nohkara

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hi, I'm native korean utau user. I'm sorry for the late discovery.
I think require a modifications at consonant+w(ex: "gw-", "dw-", "sw-"), sy-, and final consonant
Can you pronounce "go-wah" instead of "g-wa"?
I think Korean consonant+w pronunciation is more Rounded consonant.

☆☆☆ 쉬[swi] is pronounce [shwi]!!

like this

and [sy-] is [sh-].
The Korean community chose to write [sh-] as [sy-]
I'm not really reading [sy-], Furthermore many korean speakers can't pronounce [sy-]

and I hope you don't put a schwa on final consonant. especially C-C voicebank(ex : am_gam_nam_dam_ram_mam_bam)

Finaly This is the standard phonetic transcription used by the UTAU community in Korea.

ㄲ= gg
ㄸ= dd
ㅃ= bb
ㅢ= eui

vowel and fortis consonant pronunciation is nice.
I hope a good voicebank comes out.

Thank you for a feedback, I appreciate to hear an opinion from native speaker.

One of reason why my Korean VB was on hold because I was very unsatisfied with one vowel pronouncing which was “eo”... That phoneme does not excist in my mother languages, so it ended up very forced.

I have started to take Mandarin lessons last year and because of that I learned to do fortis consonants quite well (j, ch, k, t, p were easy thanks to Mandarin). In fact, I was surprised how many consonants were same or similar between Korean and Mandarin, so consonants did not feel *that* difficult at the end.

I did not know about that “sy” was actually “sh”, I will fix that whenever I got a time for a re-record! I guess this is one of reason why Korean reclist should be Hangul instead weird romazination When I Alias oto, I’ll make sure to name sounds away that Korean community prefers. For recording purposes, I named bb/dd/gg as pp/tt/kk, so I could pronounce them accurately (you can see that “si” was for in same reason as “shi” in recordings).

I’m not sure when I’m going to have time for a retake but I’ll keep this in mind. Thank you!

Reactions: clber

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Thank you for a feedback, I appreciate to hear an opinion from native speaker.

One of reason why my Korean VB was on hold because I was very unsatisfied with one vowel pronouncing which was “eo”... That phoneme does not excist in my mother languages, so it ended up very forced.

I have started to take Mandarin lessons last year and because of that I learned to do fortis consonants quite well (j, ch, k, t, p were easy thanks to Mandarin). In fact, I was surprised how many consonants were same or similar between Korean and Mandarin, so consonants did not feel *that* difficult at the end.

I did not know about that “sy” was actually “sh”, I will fix that whenever I got a time for a re-record! I guess this is one of reason why Korean reclist should be Hangul instead weird romazination When I Alias oto, I’ll make sure to name sounds away that Korean community prefers. For recording purposes, I named bb/dd/gg as pp/tt/kk, so I could pronounce them accurately (you can see that “si” was for in same reason as “shi” in recordings).

I’m not sure when I’m going to have time for a retake but I’ll keep this in mind. Thank you!
Aaabout the hangul part: Since utau isn't unicode yet, i suggest just using a hangul reference, like ㄱ ㄷ ㅈ change depending on if they are at the start or at the middle of a word