Looking for a good beginner voicebank + tutorials.

DenzuSilvery

Teto's Territory
You know the best way is to download a cv voicebank and copy what you hear from that bank and follow the methord they use it's faster then reading a tut and you get to practice the words

Reactions: palette

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
I don't know of any really good beginner tutorials. ^^;
I'd actually recommend finding a "mentor" to show you the ropes. That way you can record your bank (I recommend CV for beginners) and they can give you feedback so you can improve. That's what happened with me, I had a friend who had been utauing for a while and who really did a great job of encouraging me and giving me feedback so I could grow.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's been so long since I started out that I can hardly remember how I learned everything I know. I recommend hopping in the chat on the forum's first page and asking your questions. A mentor is a good thing to find.

Reactions: palette

Truly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
i think if you're working with packaged banks (or, err, just, not making your own from scratch), you don't need too much to get started. obviously, grab some bank reputed for having a good oto.ini (as well as just a good reputation overall).

CV or CVC, it likely doesn't matter if you've got some experience with other music production. with CV banks, the process is as simple as "draw out the notes on the piano roll, put in each mora, and hit render," with a CVC it's slightly more complicated, as you want to make a note with a CV sound, then crossfade it with a VC sound-- ad infinitum.

if you are looking simply for how to make the thing function, there are some tutorials, but things like "what button does crossfade, for goodness' sake?" Cz's english tutorials give some explanation. other than that, i learned what i know from the wikia, etc.

i've only ever been a dabbler, and i've been off UTAU for years. so if there's something in particular you want to know, ask me, and i'll see what i can do.
((btw, i'm also looking for a good old voicebank. picked up yami ryone's english on a whim, because i wanted to make something unique-- not just cover the same songs. but if you have a good suggestion for a bank to get "started" with, go for it, pls. it's relevant to this thread.))