コミュニティ Project

Should the voicebank be bilingual? (English-Japanese)

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NeoFeran

Momo's Minion
30B330DF30E530CB30C630A3-Project_zps4ea1e33b.png

(Community project)​

What is this all about?
As part of my personal project in the current ib school I am, I task myself as creating a song. But since my singing isn't the best around, I decided to double dare myself. As the first phase of my project, I'll be creating a english Utauloid. Since I have some knowledge about making one, I thought it would be a nice experience to make one in english, since it is some what different from the japanese one in term of samples.

What do I have with all of this?
Since I have to make a certain community interact with me, I thought it would be nice to shape the Utauloid on what people would like it to sound, how it will look like and all. Basically, I'm providing my voice for the people.

How do I make my contribution?
In this very thread, you can post what you would like. As the recording will be starting in mid-novemeber, I thought it would be nice to first start to shape the voice tone together. It would be characteristic like cute, dark, powerful, whispery (etc.) that will be taken in consideration in the first round. Afterward, we'll shape the personality / look of the utauloid in function of the voice. I'll be considering a billingual (English-Japanese) if it wins in the poll.

What if I don't want to contribute to the voicebank nor the personality or the look?
Well, you have the possibility to give a piece of advice. Likewise, I would need some heads up to the samples I should record. Your help will be appreciated through all the project. I'll be updating the thread weekly.

Sorry if I posted it in the wrong section (。・ω・。)
LetsStart_zps9b28229b.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Goddamn, you're really into this. (Personally I wouldn't use a thing like UTAU for a school project until I know how the **** to even do anything, and by this point I'm fairly confident in my own skill. But you might want to go off and do your own thing so you can learn how to do anything, unless this requires some sort of developmental workbook to record how you're learning UTAU.)

Anyway, I feel like your post there had the tone of announcing something to the world, but here on the UTAforum things seem to be more casual, as if we're just talking to friends. That besides, I have suggestions for your project, specifically recording. I've actually written a reclist made to be bilingually compatible with English and Japanese, which should also be able to support phonetically similar languages. I also teach things like OTO'ing, and I suggest using OREMO when you get to recording! The program was actually MADE for recording UTAUs, so it's fast and has useful features.

When it comes to character, some people don't want to have characters at all, like the VY series of vocaloids that are simply HQ voices made for professionals. Then there are people who like to have a bit of an idea, like an artwork and general personality. This seems to be a typical UTAU, not focusing on character too much. Then there's people who make fully fleshed out characters with everything down, so they end up being more like characters with voices than voices with characters.

I'm the third kind. I tend to roleplay a lot, and my UTAUs have ended up becoming characters in it. But for this I suggest just doing a normal UTAU with a character image and just ideas of what their personality is like (Such as reasons for the character singing certain songs, or having a certain appearance)

I really like this idea you have, and I'd love to help you out~~ We can talk on skype (adlez27) or in the UTAforum chatbox if you want more frequent contact~

NeoFeran

Momo's Minion
For Adlez27: Thank you a lot for your concerns. However, it is the latter: I much keep a workbook for pretty much everything I'm doing. I know what I'm doing with the UTAU, I just though maybe involving the community (Yeah, I'm pretty much repeating myself at this point.) Sorry if I'm a bit too pretencious~

As for the reclist, I would like to have a peak in the reclist you made. I'm not saying I would take it, but it would help greatly for it. As for the oto'ing, I think I'm pretty good at it, but I'll consider your help when it will come to the vc's.

I know the characterization is something that isn't necessary, but I just like the feeling of giving a personality to my utaus. I might not do it like I've said in the first post, but I'm still going for it.

For the rest of you:

I've booked in for a studio, and I got an at2020, so that is a thing.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Technically the reclist is supposed to be released with Mita Souzou NEXT, but I have it posted on deviantART anyway. http://fav.me/d6850r2

Just asking, how many UTAUs do you intend to make, and how many voicebanks for them?

NeoFeran

Momo's Minion
Thanks you very much. I'm intended to only make one UTAU with one voicebank (the amount of voicebank for it will depend once I've finished the first one). Even though I could build on previous UTAUs I had before, I prefer to get a fresh start. I consider my past one as ways to get used to the program itself and the jazz that comes with it.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, okay. If I could hear voice samples I could maybe come up with ideas for the character.

One thing I'm afraid of, though. Now that I'm being the main respondent to this thread, I'm afraid you won't be getting other community members involved... Especially since, you seem to be taking an interest in my reclist and it isn't widely used.

NeoFeran

Momo's Minion
I'll probably have some kind of cover once I'll be done.

As for your reclist; I'm not sure if I'll be using it. It is rather long and complicated. While I'll keep it in mind, I'll be searching for others to see if there is more 'doable' ones around. I have to plan in time, since I might only have two months only for the recordings orz

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The most used English reclist seems to be Chezzie's. You can't really escape having samples like n3n and b1ng and k@k. English is a complicated language.

NeoFeran

Momo's Minion
It is. I still have a month to think about it and I think I might do separates voicebanks; one in Japanese and one in English.

NeoFeran

Momo's Minion
- I know I've already posted, but its been 3 weeks. -

Anyways, after a few weeks, I've finally completed all the problems I had. Here what is new:

- Almost half of november month will be spend on recording both voicebanks.
- The English voicebanks reclist has been made [ May post it later ]
- The Japanese voicebanks relist has been made [ May post it later ]
- The audio interface is no more a problem [not previously mentionned though...]
- I'll be helped by someone from uOttawa for the song creation part.

I think for now it will be good. I just hope everything will be alright.

~NeoFeran