Cover 【 心響 Kokone】 心臓デモクラシー/Heart Democracy【VOCALOID5カバー】

Discussion in 'VOCALOID' started by Pokefan2012, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Pokefan2012

Pokefan2012 Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points

I bought Vocaloid!

For me, this song has always been about learning to love yourself, having pride in yourself and perseverance... I've never made a proper video before and, boy, did I have to persevere to put this together ...Granted, nobody's born knowing how to make videos, so I'm doing my best to learn :smile:

VSQx: Jozz EM
    Original: Mikito-P (みきとP)
    Vocal: Kokone (心響)
    Mixing, tuning, art and video were all by me :wink:

3. breadstick

breadstick Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    i think it's good!
    i dont own vocaloid myself so im no expert on this, but her vibrato makes her sound really shaky throughout the song so i would put vibrato only where it's needed. the mixing also seems a bit strange, the instrumental sounds a bit weird and the quality of her voice seems muffled (and not the tuning, just the quality itself). it sounds a bit like you recorded it through another device on speaker which you shouldnt do at all, i've tried some vocaloid 3 and 2 trials and if i remember correctly you should be able to export the voice as wav. i'd also then get the instrumental download, then mix them in audacity (or whatever program you use).
    i hope my criticism is okay :D

Pokefan2012 likes this.
  4. Pokefan2012

Pokefan2012 Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Thank you for the critique, it's appreciated :smile:—I get what you're saying with the vibrato, I'm still getting the hang of Vocaloid 5 and it's a bit shaky by default as far as I can tell haha, though I do tend towards overdoing it a bit in UTAU as well :uhuhu:.

To be honest, though, I can't really hear what you're hearing with regards to the voice and instrumental quality, as I did, of course, export the wav and download the official instrumental. I'm still a bit of a novice at mixing, but it all sounds clear enough to me... I wonder if it's something to do with my headphones lol