Kazehiki Konundrum

linku

Momo's Minion
I'm new to UTAU, meaning I literally downloaded it last night. I've spent all day looking at tutorials and I think I have a grasp on the very basics.

I currently have a few Kazehiki voicebanks, including his English one, his original, the anesthesia and the analgesic one. However, I can't seem to get the Japanese voicebanks to make any sound... at all. I'm manually doing a cover of a Japanese song, and while I appreciate the romaji VB that comes with Kazehiki's English, I'm wondering if the actual Japanese ones would work a bit better.
I've installed TIPS, which is what is suggested for him, but I'm unsure how to get him to work, as his sound samples seem to be sequences of syllables rather than individual sounds. So for example, one could be "nararenanare" or something. No hiragana characters work and of course, neither do the romaji.
Looking at the aliases, again, they're sequences rather than individual sounds.
Being a total noob, I'm probably missing something that's very obvious, but any help would be appreciated.
My system locale is set to Japanese (before downloading Utau) jsyk.

Does anyone here have experience with Kazehiki's Japanese VBs?

Thanks in advance!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If the files appear to be strings like かかきかくけか then chances are it's a VCV voicebank. If you write your UST using individual hiragana notes, you can use a plugin like Bizz's iroiro to convert it from CV to VCV.

The concept behind converting a UST is that on every note, the vowel is borrowed from the previous note.
For example, [か][え][る][の][う][た][が]
becomes [- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が]
The voicebank is configured in such a way that all of the notes will still be on-time, and borrowing the previous vowel will allow the notes to blend together more smoothly.

linku

Momo's Minion
If the files appear to be strings like かかきかくけか then chances are it's a VCV voicebank. If you write your UST using individual hiragana notes, you can use a plugin like Bizz's iroiro to convert it from CV to VCV.

The concept behind converting a UST is that on every note, the vowel is borrowed from the previous note.
The voicebank is configured in such a way that all of the notes will still be on-time, and borrowing the previous vowel will allow the notes to blend together more smoothly.
Thanks so much for this reply! I'm gonna do that ASAP! :'D

Hiiro

Momo's Minion

I tried doing this but it stiil makes no sound, could you help me?

Akriel

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I tried doing this but it stiil makes no sound, could you help me?
Which voicebank specifically are you using? Make sure the VB you're using is CV if you're converting your ust to CV!