Japanese characters are just question marks + Alot of voicebanks don't work

l3utterflyEffect

Momo's Minion
The main issue
- Basically i can't type any japanese characters because they always turn into question marks
- Locale has been changed to japanese and utau was reinstalled , TWICE.
- Utau is the only program to do this ironically
- I'm not too sure what to do. I'm very dusty and haven't used utau since 2012 so i'm not sure what to do

The second issue
- Alot of voicebanks don't work/don't sing. Maybe it's because of the way they're packed? i don't know
Magpie for example: http://utau.wiki/utau:magpie-batty
VERY nice voicebank but can i use it? Of course not. I can't test her either because guess what? She's
not an english voicebank.
- I've looked into the main issue and they're all telling me to set my locale to japanese but it's already
set that way and i'm still getting question marks
- It's looking like i won't be able to use the program which is real shame.

Looking for a solution.

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Adding to what Kiyoteru said above, also make sure you're redownloading UTAU and any voicebanks you got previously.
Simply uninstalling and reinstalling after a locale change won't fix the issue as the files are already corrupt.

l3utterflyEffect

Momo's Minion
Please show screenshots of where you changed your locale setting.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49278211218_eb082ae543_o.png
Adding to what Kiyoteru said above, also make sure you're redownloading UTAU and any voicebanks you got previously.
Simply uninstalling and reinstalling after a locale change won't fix the issue as the files are already corrupt.

Okay i will try to redownload the voicebanks as well starting with magpie since she's the one i wanna use.
[doublepost=1577384330,1577381235][/doublepost]Wow really weird update , it's only taking a certain font with the japanese characters so i've been piggy-backing off USTs to recreate these characters and making a reclist to hopefully help anyone else who has this problem

As for redownloading the voicebanks this has actually worked ! So...one of my utaoloids screams apparently so that's good to know
and i will never unhear this ._ .

Thank you both so much <3

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49278211218_eb082ae543_o.png

Okay i will try to redownload the voicebanks as well starting with magpie since she's the one i wanna use.
[doublepost=1577384330,1577381235][/doublepost]Wow really weird update , it's only taking a certain font with the japanese characters so i've been piggy-backing off USTs to recreate these characters and making a reclist to hopefully help anyone else who has this problem

As for redownloading the voicebanks this has actually worked ! So...one of my utaoloids screams apparently so that's good to know
and i will never unhear this ._ .

Thank you both so much <3
The screaming could be an frq file error (provided the UTAU isn't intended to scream). Does it happen only on a few notes, or anything you play?