Is There a Difference Heard in the Tuned vers. of this UST?

Discussion in 'UtaHelp' started by ArtsyP!nk, May 16, 2019.

1. ArtsyP!nk

ArtsyP!nk Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    So I have been tuning this UST I found for the song "Medicine For Good Kids", and I decided to listen to the untuned vers. and the tuned vers. I couldn't seem to really hear a difference. Can you? If not, what can I do to make the tuning sound more noticeable?

Le comparison is here! Untuned goes first, then tuned:

3. Haichou

Haichou Tutor Tutor Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I hear a few differences, and it sounds fine to me. Sometimes, it's best if you don't really notice the difference because that means it's more natural-sounding (as opposed to it being really noticeable because the pitchbends are causing octave jumps or something like that).

As for making the tuning more "obvious," I feel like that depends on your tuning style. Having pitchbends on more notes, using modulation, or using deeper/more extreme pitchbends might help, but that doesn't always work. It's song-specific and style-specific. Even the voice itself can affect it. Some UTAU just don't seem to respond to tuning as much as others.
    I know that's probably not the answer you're looking for, sorry. I like the tuning the way it is here, though.

(I'll edit this or post again if I can think of anything else.)

4. ArtsyP!nk

ArtsyP!nk Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    It's no problem, all answers are cool with me. I expiremented with extreme pitchbends in another part of the UST. Let's just say, it didn't go too well. It is probably for the best that it is not noticeable ^^. Thank you for your opinion!

5. MiyiibotTsugaa

MiyiibotTsugaa Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Sorry if this is rude, but P2P3 and/or P1P4 would make it sound a bit nicer.