Importing voicebanks

NiStral

Momo's Minion
I looked into similar threads but they didn't seem to cover the issue I'm having. The voice seem to import fine in the bank register (though the info is blank), but when I try to add it to a project it says "Invalid voice setting".

I was thinking it may be due to the program not reading japanese characters in the voicebank files, but I don't know how to fix it. I tried renaming the files but it didn't work.

NiStral

Momo's Minion
Just a question before I try this. After changing the system language, restarting and reinstalling everything, I can just put it back like it was before right?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You are not changing the system language. You are changing the Locale, or the encoding of non-unicode programs. (On Windows 10 there's a box for a beta option using UTF-8, please leave this UNCHECKED.) If your system language is in English, and your locale is in Japanese, you will be able to use your computer completely in English.

NiStral

Momo's Minion
After doing this it now recognizes the path and shows the right informations and icon under info, but it still doesn't sing.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Make sure that you're inputting the correct lyrics corresponding to the voicebank format. For example, a CV voicebank has lyrics like [か][え][る][の][う][た][が] and a VCV voicebank has lyrics like [- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が].

NiStral

Momo's Minion
This is my first time using the program. I don't know yet how to make original ust files so I've been using downloaded ones. Took me some time to figure out which kind of voicebank I have as some aren't stated on their websites.

Could you help me find an ust for VCV? So I can see if they sing for now, and go into tuning later.
I'm also not sure if I already have one because I can't open half of them, it gives me an "Invalid Tool" error which I don't understand.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What specific voicebanks are you using? Can you provide screenshots of your UTAU window with the UST open?

NiStral

Momo's Minion
I downloaded Namine Ritsu Kire and Something is Kire, Yokune Ruko Kire and not entirely sure which version of the female voicebank it seems to be called Rainbow.

screenshot-303.png

I found this VCV ust that has the kind of spelling you mentioned, Ritsu Kire is the only one who can read it even though it sounds chopped.
Another topic about the tool error suggested to click on "Initialize Tools", that let me open the files even though I'm not sure what it does.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you go to Project > Project Property, both of these should be black.
upload_2020-3-31_22-22-41.png
The default files included with UTAU are wavtool.exe and resampler.exe. If either of the boxes shows something different and the name is in red, you will need to select a resampler or wavtool that you have on your computer. Tool 1 is always for wavtools and Tool 2 is always for resamplers.

Whenever you use a premade UST, be sure to clear it. Select all notes, right click on a note, and go to region property.
upload_2020-3-31_22-25-15.png
Intensity: 100
Modulation: 0
Preutterance and Overlap: Hit the "Clear" button
All other boxes: Blank and white (if it's gray, click on the box and press space)

After pressing OK, you'll want to find these buttons in the top right of UTAU.
upload_2020-3-31_22-26-50.png
Press RESET, then P2P3.

NiStral

Momo's Minion
While doing it the resampler.exe file crashed ten times, is that normal? Now the other voicebanks can also read it, except Ruko's male voicebank, not sure why that one still doesn't sing.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's normal for a black command window to open, but if you're getting crashes and error messages, that isn't normal.
In general, you want the entire UTAU folder to be outside of Program Files (eg. move it to Documents instead) so that various parts of it can function properly, especially when it comes to developing your own voicebanks.

You may want to see if other resamplers work properly. On this page, you can download bkh01 and tn_fnds: http://z-server.game.coocan.jp/utau/utautop.html