How do you test your voicebanks?

Apicat

Teto's Territory
Hi, everyone! Hope you've all had a great day (or are about to)! :creepy:

I've finished recording one pitch of my UTAU a while back, and currently it's default otoed with SetParam. I'm in the process of fixing things up with the oto. It's a lot of work!

I was just wondering: How do you guys test your voicebanks for any timing errors? I really don't want to spend all day looking through all the sound strings(?) and checking them for timing errors one by one :wink:

Thanks!

Yanderu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi, everyone! Hope you've all had a great day (or are about to)! :creepy:

I've finished recording one pitch of my UTAU a while back, and currently it's default otoed with SetParam. I'm in the process of fixing things up with the oto. It's a lot of work!

I was just wondering: How do you guys test your voicebanks for any timing errors? I really don't want to spend all day looking through all the sound strings(?) and checking them for timing errors one by one :wink:

Thanks!
I usually take my VB to test via UST's that are moderately to extremely long, and also do resampler tests on short areas to find a good resampler. Then if it works out I render it out then mix and give people to critique it. When coming to sample timing, the oto says it all, either the end of a note is oddly sampled to vowels and liquids becoming slurry. (This is what I do for VCV/CVVC) For CV, it's plug and play, whilst oto'ing, just to make sure the consonants/transitions sound relatively natural.

Extra's that I do: VCV) I usually take the normal generated oto into a UST and test first, then iron it out. If a bank is super wonky, I start all over.

Reactions: Apicat

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If it's a CV voicebank, it's more practical to do the OTO from scratch than to generate a base with Setparam. The above mentioned methods do work, but I'd recommend them more for large banks like VCV or non-Japanese banks where a base OTO is the necessary practical solution and you do just need to adjust for final fit.

Reactions: Apicat