How do I make a Renoid voice bank?

chunter

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Download one of his voicebanks, such as the Asane Bow conversion. Substitute your phonemes accordingly. Renoid is more a technique than a thing, from the first he introduced it I felt silly for not thinking of it myself, since I did my personal vocoder tracks in almost the same way.

If you don't want to use his phoneme editor you can substitute any speech as the "carrier" and let KeroVee create the illusion of singing, giving you an instant poor man's Autotune the News.

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
Download one of his voicebanks, such as the Asane Bow conversion. Substitute your phonemes accordingly. Renoid is more a technique than a thing, from the first he introduced it I felt silly for not thinking of it myself, since I did my personal vocoder tracks in almost the same way.

If you don't want to use his phoneme editor you can substitute any speech as the "carrier" and let KeroVee create the illusion of singing, giving you an instant poor man's Autotune the News.
I'm not sure if i'm really trusting this info :annoyed:

I'm sorry if it was meant as a joke I don't have a great sense of humor :cry:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
...The way I'm reading it, it's honest advice.

The gist of the "renoid" technique is pretty much the same as Macne or Namewave, the way I see it.
Each sample in a voicebank is assigned to a note, but without being pitch shifted. A midi is used to trigger specific syllables.
A simultaneous midi has pitch data, which is being fed to an autotune plugin that pitch-shifts the audio.

More specifically to FL studio, which is what I'm familiar with:
Directwave can automatically take a bunch of samples and assign them to the keyboard like a drum kit to prevent pitch shifting. When you edit notes on the piano roll, it'll trigger the syllables, but monotone. The samples should be edited to specify loop points. The channel is linked to an insert with Pitcher on it.
Another channel, which is MIDI Out, goes to a specific midi channel. In Pitcher, midi input is enabled (and the correct octave shifting too) then the midi channel is specified. The MIDI Out piano roll will have the melody that the vocals should be singing.

The renoidplayer just takes a soundfont of the samples (with loop points) assigned to specific notes for each of the kana, and then provides an interface that will automatically do the rest. It's iffy and I'd rely more on actually doing it within a DAW.

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
...The way I'm reading it, it's honest advice.

The gist of the "renoid" technique is pretty much the same as Macne or Namewave, the way I see it.
Each sample in a voicebank is assigned to a note, but without being pitch shifted. A midi is used to trigger specific syllables.
A simultaneous midi has pitch data, which is being fed to an autotune plugin that pitch-shifts the audio.

More specifically to FL studio, which is what I'm familiar with:
Directwave can automatically take a bunch of samples and assign them to the keyboard like a drum kit to prevent pitch shifting. When you edit notes on the piano roll, it'll trigger the syllables, but monotone. The samples should be edited to specify loop points. The channel is linked to an insert with Pitcher on it.
Another channel, which is MIDI Out, goes to a specific midi channel. In Pitcher, midi input is enabled (and the correct octave shifting too) then the midi channel is specified. The MIDI Out piano roll will have the melody that the vocals should be singing.

The renoidplayer just takes a soundfont of the samples (with loop points) assigned to specific notes for each of the kana, and then provides an interface that will automatically do the rest. It's iffy and I'd rely more on actually doing it within a DAW.
Thank you very much it's really understandable now ^^

chunter

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
For the record, I meant it seriously: I am a long time Renoise user and I helped him a little bit on the forums, see http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/36209-renoid/

The main reason I decided to use UTAU in a more conventional way is that the sound you get from UTAU's filtering and crossfading sounds better, but it's useful to know how KeroVee can be used to get a pitch sounding correctly without having to launch UTAU and render again.

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
For the record, I meant it seriously: I am a long time Renoise user and I helped him a little bit on the forums, see http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/36209-renoid/

The main reason I decided to use UTAU in a more conventional way is that the sound you get from UTAU's filtering and crossfading sounds better, but it's useful to know how KeroVee can be used to get a pitch sounding correctly without having to launch UTAU and render again.
Sorry ^^
It's just when I read the "and let KeroVee create the illusion of singing, giving you an instant poor man's Autotune the News." I thought you were joking around

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is slightly off topic. But does anyone know how to fix RenoidPlayer being laggy when sound is played? VOCALOID & UTAU are fine but Renoid glitches like crazy

sceryp0

Momo's Minion
guys i would like to make russian vb for renoid player,
but it’s really very hard for me to do sf2 file

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I've been trying to revive an old Renoid project I've started (Mystère Sokeigoe) and started to create the soundfont for her JP bank (for her French I will try to make a Frogoïd edition, and then another one with me trying to create my own reclist and settings)

Sorrowfully, I don't even know where I failed ;A;"' She seems to produce noise in Renoise, but once I load her into the Renoid Player, or she produces nothing and the bar willstop playing, or she'll just breathe weirdly (since I included two breath sounds in her VB )

Here she is if someone wants to take a look at her : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PGrapd2rfYqjk3RUPNzlBUKlxaR0k9uU