How can i prevent whistling sound i Relisted twice and it's still there

Rice Life

Ruko's Ruffians
months ago i recorded, a list for a voice-bank, it was less bad than the one i currently have because i rerecorded a new list, the first time, i got a borderline feminine quiet voice-bank,which sounded more robotic and 100% good on pronunciation,
second time i achieved a male voice bank which sounded clear more strong and more human sounding
but was a bit lacking on some pronunciation, on a few letters,

i otoed to the best of my noob ability , and made sure to cut out unnecessary parts where there is background noise by oto in tool setting voice configurations and i know your not supposed to cut or edit the voice sample , but with the first voice bank attempt i did on one only one which was A and it turned out okay , but for whatever reason i keep getting a whistle sound like air going through some wood or something , on some songs it is okay and then others the notes are completely silent or whistle like but they don't have the problem on the same note that appears on the same letter of song in other places

but overall i'll know i might have re record it and just one question do you prolong or shorten it

example: A, Aaaa, how long should you record for on the letter for seconds? could that be a reason in why it isn't good?

Alky

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Is this occuring in only certain samples?Some things that can influence this is, the recordings may have a very,very quite background noise, interrupting the wave seen in in the spectogram and it carries over when played. Resamplers can amplify the sound. If it is only the few samples, make a new folder, and rerecord the replacements until satisfied quality. However, this could also be an FRQ issue with the sample (also influenced with some resamplers). Oh, and are the files CV or VCV?

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
how long should you record for on the letter for seconds?

Generally, the longer, the better. Most resamplers change the length of samples by stretching the audio out. If the original sample is short, there will be more distortion as it's stretched out, compared to a long sample that only gets stretched a little bit.

Rice Life

Ruko's Ruffians
Is this occuring in only certain samples?Some things that can influence this is, the recordings may have a very,very quite background noise, interrupting the wave seen in in the spectogram and it carries over when played. Resamplers can amplify the sound. If it is only the few samples, make a new folder, and rerecord the replacements until satisfied quality. However, this could also be an FRQ issue with the sample (also influenced with some resamplers). Oh, and are the files CV or VCV?
CV i don't know how to make a VCV although i know what it is i don't understand it well.
[doublepost=1520634887][/doublepost]
Generally, the longer, the better. Most resamplers change the length of samples by stretching the audio out. If the original sample is short, there will be more distortion as it's stretched out, compared to a long sample that only gets stretched a little bit.
so it's good to have longer samples i'm confused is it possible it could be too long to mess up the oto as well?