How can I fix the frequency for the voice samples? D:

Arrow

Momo's Minion
Hey guys I need some help. I used OREMO for the first time yesterday to record a voicebank. All the sound samples came out fine, but when I tried to oto them in UTAU and then test them out, many of the sound samples played very distorted and hoarse. I looked into the oto.ini and the sounds that played fine looked like this
2zqv8ll.png

and the sounds that sounded messed up looked like this
2lkqqgj.png

The problem appears to be that orange line. All the distorted sounds have an oto with orange lines that are jagged and above the mid line. I googled it and the orange line is supposedly the frequency right? How do I fix this? D: I've tried deleting the frq and rerendering it but it makes no difference.

The actual sound files sound fine when I play them in windows media player. They sound no different from the ones that work. but when I play them in utau it just derps up.

Is there something wrong with my OREMO settings that does this to my samples?
2rrl91y.png

Is there a way I can fix this without rerecording or do I have to rerecord..? D:

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The orange line on the samples is the pitch of the sample & how well you held it the pitch. It appears that you can't hold your pitch too well...In the best UTAU sample, you're not supposed to see it because UTAU doesn't handle shakiness in samples well, which is why they sound so bad when you play them.

Unfortunately to fix it, you're gonna have to rerecord, because this is a fault on your part, not the program. You HAVE TO keep your notes steady when you record; no wavering!

Arrow

Momo's Minion
Aww really? D:
But the sample for "da" (http://aznelf.webs.com/da.wav) is recorded in the same pitch/method as "so" (http://aznelf.webs.com/so.wav)

I don't really hear a difference in the actual sound files, but when rendered in utau "da" ends up sounding like this (http://aznelf.webs.com/da%20fail.wav)

while "so" comes out fine (http://aznelf.webs.com/so%20right.wav)

I could try rerecording it but I feel like the jump in sound quality is not a pitch problem. ):
Thank you for the suggestions though I really appreciate it (o o)9

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Did you try rerendering the FRQ files for the problem sounds then?

The orange lines can be fixed with rerecording, but it depends on how bad they are. If you completely go into a different pitch within the same note or sound like you're trilling it, then you have to rerecord, but sometimes it could just be an FRQ issue. 

Arrow

Momo's Minion
I already tried rerendering the FRQ files multiple times :/
Still the same distorted sounds.

and lol my sound samples are all the same general quality as the links I posted up in my last reply. I'm no music expert but I definitely tried to keep them all the same consistent pitch. No trilling/vibrato or anything of the sort.

I've recorded a voicebank in Audacity before and oto'd it with no problems :O Sings just fine.
but I've only encountered this orange line problem since switching to OREMO ): So idk if it's my settings or something...

Catgirl

Teto's Territory
It looks like your samples have a low frequency background noise that is disturbing the pitch detection of UTAU. Try using Audacity noise removal on your samples, I tried on your da sample and it works.

deactivated

Teto's Territory
I agree with catgirl on this! ouo but only use a little noise removal. Too much will make it even uckier.

For the record, recording with a different program doesn't make any difference than. Audacity could possibly record the same problems.

It's all fine, just re-record and be careful, and if it still happens then try the noise removal. I think it pays to re-record many times to get it perfect. Good luck!

TrikiNya

Teto's Territory
The exact opposite happened to me. When I rerecorded the samples, some of the sounds (processed in UTAU) are like that. Was it because I did worse when rerecording?
[doublepost=1551566612][/doublepost]nevermind, i refrequencied

Last edited: