High pitched noise in utau?

gauzyguts

Teto's Territory
My utau program makes this horrible high pitched screeching whenever i import a midi and I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm trying to complete my first ust and I want to do the background vocals, so I made a midi of the vocals and imported it into utau, but it's extremely high pitched and sounds like a violin. Why is this?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Uhhhh I have no idea, the notes are at F6 at the highest
Look at the piano roll to the left and see the numbers most of the notes are in, those are octaves(ex. C5, C4, D5, D4, etc.)

I can't really help you if I can't see what you see. Did you try selecting all the notes and moving them down an octave?(enter -12 in settings when moving notes)

gauzyguts

Teto's Territory
Look at the piano roll to the left and see the numbers most of the notes are in, those are octaves(ex. C5, C4, D5, D4, etc.)

I can't really help you if I can't see what you see. Did you try selecting all the notes and moving them down an octave?(enter -12 in settings when moving notes)

I did try moving them down an octave. All it did was make the screeching lower

gauzyguts

Teto's Territory
What UTAU are you using? Did you reset all the settings(pitch, STP, etc.) And can you provide any samples?

Here's a video of the error. the description gives more info I guess. I'm not sure why this is happening. I've tried moving the notes down but that does nothing. This wasn't happening before, but now it is. It happens with every voicebank I have and I can't find anything about this error online.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hm, that is odd. Perhaps try resetting? That or reinstalling the program

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I can't help but notice you're using resampler.dll. Is that by choice? What does this sound like with other resamplers?

gauzyguts

Teto's Territory
I can't help but notice you're using resampler.dll. Is that by choice? What does this sound like with other resamplers?

Uhh gee i have no idea, that's just how it came. I'm still figuring all this stuff out

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
untick that box in the Project Properties menu. Use the default resampler and wavtool that should be set after unchecking the use resampler.dll box (though I'd also suggest looking into kanru hua's moresampler in the future! The resampler is the method that actually controls how the voice is sampled, so its really important).

gauzyguts

Teto's Territory
untick that box in the Voice Properties menu. Use the default resampler and wavtool that should be set after unchecking the use resampler.dll box (though I'd also suggest looking into kanru hua's moresampler in the future! The resampler is the method that actually controls how the voice is sampled, so its really important).

Thank you!! Do you happen to know anything about the problem I've encountered?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Only that it's probably the .dll messing up the resampling in some way. Otherwise, I'm not super sure what's going on unfortunately.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
erhm... It kinda sounds like wither you're using the bank at too high of a note (out of the voice's range) and the voice is distorting.
Or it could just be Utau's default resampler doing it...Resampler.exe(and .dll) aren't the highest quality with screeching being it's main characteristic.

But I wouldn't be able to tell unless I heard/had the original recordings.

P

partial

Can you select a note and hit CTRL + G, then share a screencap of what it shows here?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
erhm... It kinda sounds like wither you're using the bank at too high of a note (out of the voice's range) and the voice is distorting.
Or it could just be Utau's default resampler doing it...Resampler.exe(and .dll) aren't the highest quality.

But I wouldn't be able to tell unless I heard/had the original recordings.
Nah, 'shappening with all banks in the same way, including defoko. Points to .dll (or program) being the issue, rather than any bank in particular, or the note being too high. Video didn't have any other resamplers than .dll tried so I'd check that first.

edit: now if it happens with resampler.exe THEN we have a crazy mystery on our hands haha

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Nah, 'shappening with all banks in the same way, including defoko. Points to .dll (or program) being the issue, rather than any bank in particular, or the note being too high. Video didn't have any other resamplers than .dll tried so I'd check that first.

edit: now if it happens with resampler.exe THEN we have a crazy mystery on our hands haha
Interestingly, Resmapler.dll tends to match the version of resampelr.exe from the previous version of Utau.

Utau 0.2.76 came with Resampler.exe version 10 but Resampler.dll was version 8. Utau 0.4.18 comes with version 14.02 of the exe but the dll is actually the previous version 10. So the newer version of the dll in 0.4.18 shouldn't be all that bad (but not great either). It'll at least produce better frqs than the exe.