Hi, I'm new, I need help to record a Japanese VCV

Sonya

Momo's Minion
I joined the community a little over 5 months ago and I decided to record my first voice bank, someone has a VCV reclist tip that does not have many unnecessary sounds, I do not care if it is in romaji or hiragana since I can read hiragana. I would also like some tips for oto if this does not ask for more, is there a tutorial for this? Thank you very much in advance.

Row 4 Project Official

Teto's Territory
Hi! I’m really proud of you for wanting to start with a VCV Japanese bank, but I think it would be beneficial to you to try out CV first in order to get used to how utau works and learning how to oto! I don’t have any specific recommendations for reclists, but I can tell you that moresampler will save you lots of time. It can generate VCV otos automatically, however the majority of the time they are slightly inaccurate. It’s really good for creating a base for you to use though!! I hope this helps and happy utauing lol!

Reactions: Sonya

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
This resource is a really useful guide for knowing what might not be needed in a reclist. If you've already decided what reclist you want to use, you can compare it to this to figure out what might not be necessary to record.

As for otoing, there are a few links in this thread. I think I remember seeing a specific tutorial for VCV, but I can't look for it right now. If I find it (or if someone else does), I'll edit this post.

It might be better to start with CV for your first voicebank, but if you want to start with VCV, that's also fine. Good luck!