Hi! I'm Ksen!

Ksen_28

Momo's Minion
I'm making utaus that the voice bank and the configuration makes sense for me because the voice banks that I've seen are either
  • limited to one language
  • had overlaps(I hate overlaps they drive me crazy)
  • or just didn't sound good
I'm currently making an Utau named _delta_ (or in Unicode =+Δ+=) and she's a Russian voice bank with English and Japanese sounds and the idea of her is that she can speak multiple languages at once. Not sure about French though because I just can't do the r's ;^;, but she should be able to sing in German. Also she has a lot of extra sounds, not just breath sounds. She can
  • cry
  • laugh
  • giggle
  • go "Woo!"
  • sneeze
  • gasp
  • and the most important thing ----> go hentai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Another special feature is that she can make consonant-only sounds....but I'm currently having issues with that. Some .wav files aren't playing. In the voice bank settings they do but not in the .ust file. The r sound work but the
  • k
  • s
  • f
  • h
  • ts
  • ch
  • and sh
Don't work and instead of playing their assigned .wav files they play this sub bass sound instead. Any ideas as to why?

Reactions: WyndReed

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Hello, welcome to UtaForum!
By "sub bass sound," do you mean it sounds like a "thump" and that's all it'll play? That's usually because UTAU can't determine a pitch for the .frq, which is what allows it to play files and change their pitch. If there's no vowels or anything like that in those files, try adding one somewhere in each .wav so UTAU can generate the .frq and determine a pitch, even if it's not actually accurate. After that, you'll need to adjust the cutoff/offset (depending on if you add the vowel towards the beginning or the end) in the oto so UTAU only plays the consonant. If that doesn't work, let me know!

Reactions: WyndReed

Ksen_28

Momo's Minion
Hello, welcome to UtaForum!
By "sub bass sound," do you mean it sounds like a "thump" and that's all it'll play? That's usually because UTAU can't determine a pitch for the .frq, which is what allows it to play files and change their pitch. If there's no vowels or anything like that in those files, try adding one somewhere in each .wav so UTAU can generate the .frq and determine a pitch, even if it's not actually accurate. After that, you'll need to adjust the cutoff/offset (depending on if you add the vowel towards the beginning or the end) in the oto so UTAU only plays the consonant. If that doesn't work, let me know!
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ok I just have the .wav file being only the consonant sound already so I don't need to cut it off but thank you anyway of explaining.

And yes, what I mean by a "sub bass sound" is a thump sound. It's just I describe things so much in detail that it confuses other people.
[doublepost=1520697290][/doublepost]
Oh this is cool your already like a pro but anyways ...welcome
Hope you'll have a good time here !
I got into UTAU like a few weeks ago XD

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Thank you
[doublepost=1520716001,1520713734][/doublepost]Haicho, so I found another one that does the thump. It's the sneeze sound
Try opening a recording/file-editing program like Audacity and manually adding a vowel to that file. Even if it's copied and pasted from another .wav, it should work. Then re-export it and regenerate the .frq file, and it should be fixed after that. This was what I was trying to explain before, but I worded it terribly. This might not be much better since I'm pretty much asleep, but if it doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to make it clearer!