Hey! Back and needing UTAU-Synth help! :)

Shine

Teto's Territory
Hi everyone,

____
(bit of context + storytime, feel free to skip!)
I was a mildly active UTAU user back in 2013-2016, and even though I never really got super involved in the community, I really enjoyed UTAU and even released my own, Kouki (you can check him here). I was lucky enough to be able to release it with the help of absolute legends like Adrian and Steel. Fun times!

In 2016 I went to college, bought a Macbook, and the combo of those two things meant that UTAU was no longer a priority (I saved all my .usts, voicebanks and resamplers in a hard drive though). I was always super busy from 2016 to 2019, but when I finally finished my degree in Communication Design, I decided that I wanted to explore more of the potential that voices (and artificial voices) hold in artistic research practices focused on sound art. So I enrolled in a post-graduate course in Sound Art, in which I am exploring exactly those dynamics. For that, I want to recover the enormous conceptual/material potential that exists in the UTAU software and community, and use it as starting point for my project.

In order to do that and get back in touch with UTAU, I'm asking for a bit of help; I'm asking for someone with whom I can keep in contact in order to solve questions regarding UTAU-Synth specifically, since I've never used it!!
____

More specifically, my questions are: From what I've seen, UTAU Synth got an update last year. Are there any recent tutorials on it that account for that update? Specifically installation tutorials?
Are there any tips that you guys might have for someone like me who had experince in Windows UTAU and is now transitioning into Mac UTAU-Synth?
The .usts, resamplers and voicebanks I had — do they work the same?
What's the whole deal with the license key?
What are the major differences between these two versions of UTAU?

I'm sure some of these questions could be solved with a bit more research, but this is also a call for help in a broader sense: if someone could volunteer to help me in this whole process of reinstalling UTAU (this time, Synth) and getting used to this version of software, I would be extremely grateful, and would certainly credit them in my final academic project/thesis.

Thank you so much!

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The UTAU-Synth update from b18 to b19 was just an update from 32 to 64 bit because OS Catalan no does not support 32bit. (Old build b18 was 32bit and because of that, didn’t work on Catalan at all when it came out)

Quickly after UTAU-Synth version b19 was released, a bug was found that erases oto.ini file, so that’s why the latest UTAU-Synth is b20.

The latest version b20 functions exactly same than b18 expect it now runs on new OS and does not erase oto file data completely when editing oto file in UTAU-Synth’s when selecting minus mark to remove a row.