Help with TIPS?

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Okay, so I tried using the TIPS resampler on Fuu because I found that it renders low notes better than fresamp. Problem is, it renders her 'ki' and 'hi' samples as a really disgusting, breathy/froggy sound. I tried clearing out the flags and stuff, but it didn't make a difference.

Can anybody tell me if there's a way to fix this? Otherwise, I guess I'll have to stick to fresamp. :P

Oh, and while I'm asking about resamplers...are there any other ones out there that work good? I heard of one called M4 a while back that sounded great, but I don't think it was ever released yet...?

P

PurinPuff

You should check out the UTAU "Resampler" Directory for resampler downloads and information on what flags work on each. I'll post the notes about TIPS that apply to it here:

"Notes: Is known for being good with softer banks and low notes, but can turn banks metallic and can overly emphasize noise. Creates pmk files instead of the usual frq files. Flag differences are that only H, P, t, g, and R work with TIPS currently; R forces samples with this flag to regenerate their pmk files." - shinami, UTAU "Resampler" Directory.

The flags that work in the normal resampler don't always work with TIPS. Also, TIPS "can overly emphasize noise", which includes breathiness on some notes, since that's kind of that resampler's prerogative. It might just not work well with the voicebank, if the flags listed as able to work in TIPS don't solve your problem.

Some other resamplers to try out are bkh01 and tn_fnds. I don't use bkh01 very often, so I don't know it's properties too well, however, I can tell you tn_fnds really makes the voice sound like it's recorded samples. It's by far one of the more realistic sounding ones. However, it seems to have a deal with long notes sometimes.

Something to note about tn_fnds is:

"Flag differences are that it only accepts g, A, t, B, O, and e (e changes its sample method from looping to stretching like most resamplers - may be very useful in preventing jumpiness)." - shinami, UTAU "Resampler" Directory.

Uchi

Teto's Territory
PurinPuff link said:
I don't use bkh01 very often, so I don't know it's properties too well

bkh01 eliminates static and noise, but makes the voice extremely. EXTREMELY. nasally.

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thanks a bunch for that info~

It's weird how in TIPS jacks up just those two samples, though. All of the other ones come out clear...and in fact, they sound just the same as in fresamp. There's just suddenly some nasty noise there that I didn't know existed.

I guess I'll just stay with fresamp. The other resamplers sound terrible on my UTAU. :/