Help needed with utau

Rice Life

Ruko's Ruffians
I plan to jump from Cv type voicebanks but i'm not sure what type of voicebank can i make that is very few recordings, and what Gender should the voicebank be because i'm not sure what to do, previous success i succeeded in making a male voicebank without any editing but my first trial every i failed at making a female voicebank it sounded somewhere between a soft mellow sounding voicebank that was not to girly or masculine just too soft to hear, i asking what should i do as in development of voicebanks

should i develop a female voicebank or a male voice bank and would type should i make it
and if so i have two ideas in mind for female i'll develop M.A (mӕi ako) or if i decide for a Male voicebank
(Taro Mura) which are two different characters with different color themes Mӕi ako whose theme might be an aqua blue but i'm not sure and Taro which is lavender and brown/pale yellow like potato colors
Taro is related to my current utau being Yuutsu , they aren't relatives, and mӕi ako who isn't so much related to the two mӕi's voice i'm unsure just to make it female not too deep or nasal , Taro(Potato) i intend to have a much Gentle and deep type voice which will both be somewhat of a challenge

but if anyone ever needs help or a Drawn character design i'll be willing to do it for free, always good to increase your artistic skills, but my only thing is it will be either Traditional for better quality gone over digitally,
but if you describe i can Get it on point as close to what you describe,

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you're focused on learning about new voicebank methods, don't worry too much about the character. Just record with your natural voice as-is and worry about it later.
Since you mentioned wanting fewer recordings, you'll probably be more interested in Japanese CVVC than Japanese VCV. The most efficient CVVC lists have just a few dozen samples to record, and an OTO length that's 2x the length of CV. The most efficient VCV has the same number of samples as CV (a hundred or so) and 7 times as many OTO lines.
I primarily use custom reclists, and you can feel free to ask me for one. But other people prefer to use more popular reclists, such as the Ritsu EVE list.
One disadvantage of CVVC is that OTOing the samples is much more customized and specific to the exact phonemes you're working on, which can be quite a step up from the difficulty level of a rudimentary CV OTO. A VCV OTO has much simpler concepts, even if there's more samples, which means that it can be done automatically with higher accuracy. When correctly configured, both sound equally smooth. I would be glad to help answer specific questions regarding OTOing.

Reactions: WinterdrivE

Rice Life

Ruko's Ruffians
If you're focused on learning about new voicebank methods, don't worry too much about the character. Just record with your natural voice as-is and worry about it later.
Since you mentioned wanting fewer recordings, you'll probably be more interested in Japanese CVVC than Japanese VCV. The most efficient CVVC lists have just a few dozen samples to record, and an OTO length that's 2x the length of CV. The most efficient VCV has the same number of samples as CV (a hundred or so) and 7 times as many OTO lines.
I primarily use custom reclists, and you can feel free to ask me for one. But other people prefer to use more popular reclists, such as the Ritsu EVE list.
One disadvantage of CVVC is that OTOing the samples is much more customized and specific to the exact phonemes you're working on, which can be quite a step up from the difficulty level of a rudimentary CV OTO. A VCV OTO has much simpler concepts, even if there's more samples, which means that it can be done automatically with higher accuracy. When correctly configured, both sound equally smooth. I would be glad to help answer specific questions regarding OTOing.
i'm more confused about the lists isn't Cvvc more towards foreign languages, and then how would i be able to fit usts , for cvvc?, and since it's stringed i'm more confused as to how it would be recorded as in a pause in between every letter or slurred together or said at constant? but is there like a Standard Cvvc voicebank list that is commonly used because i think i would run into issue trying to use usts because i'm horrible at transcribing notes in usts although i'm not tone deaf,

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yes, CVVC is also used for languages other than Japanese. Theoretically one could use CV and VCV for languages other than Japanese as well, but both cases would be very impractical for most languages.

There's two main styles of reclist for Japanese CVVC, stringed and rentan.

A stringed list would look something like this:
kakikukekoka
sasisusesosa

A rentan list would look something like this:
kaka
kiki
kuku
keke
koko

Stringed lists are the reason that CVVC Japanese can be recorded more quickly than CV. In both situations you are meant to sing each sample continuously, without pauses between the syllables.
"kaaakiiikuukeekookaa" (Correct)
"ka... ki... ku... ke... ko... ka..." (Incorrect)

A CVVC Japanese UST may look something like this.
upload_2018-4-22_13-32-43.png
[- か][a え][e r][る][u n][の][o う][u t][た][a g][が][a -]

If a bank was not rentan, the UST needs to have [か] instead of [- か].
If a bank doesn't have vowel strings, the UST would have [え] and [う] instead of [a え] and [o う].
If a bank lacks end-vowels, the UST would not have the [a -] note.

It doesn't matter what exact list you use as long as you use the same standard aliases in the OTO, which is to write CVs in hiragana and VCs in romaji with a space between the vowel and consonant. Here's one of my lists you can try to use if you like.
Reclist: https://pastebin.com/TQM2t1kx
Base OTO: https://pastebin.com/n1d1b5Nm

Rice Life

Ruko's Ruffians
Yes, CVVC is also used for languages other than Japanese. Theoretically one could use CV and VCV for languages other than Japanese as well, but both cases would be very impractical for most languages.

There's two main styles of reclist for Japanese CVVC, stringed and rentan.

A stringed list would look something like this:
kakikukekoka
sasisusesosa

A rentan list would look something like this:
kaka
kiki
kuku
keke
koko

Stringed lists are the reason that CVVC Japanese can be recorded more quickly than CV. In both situations you are meant to sing each sample continuously, without pauses between the syllables.
"kaaakiiikuukeekookaa" (Correct)
"ka... ki... ku... ke... ko... ka..." (Incorrect)

A CVVC Japanese UST may look something like this.
View attachment 7228
[- か][a え][e r][る][u n][の][o う][u t][た][a g][が][a -]

If a bank was not rentan, the UST needs to have [か] instead of [- か].
If a bank doesn't have vowel strings, the UST would have [え] and [う] instead of [a え] and [o う].
If a bank lacks end-vowels, the UST would not have the [a -] note.

It doesn't matter what exact list you use as long as you use the same standard aliases in the OTO, which is to write CVs in hiragana and VCs in romaji with a space between the vowel and consonant. Here's one of my lists you can try to use if you like.
Reclist: https://pastebin.com/TQM2t1kx
Base OTO: https://pastebin.com/n1d1b5Nm

oh that makes a bit more sense but i'm still a bit confused but thank you for explaing