Hello there

TheRealBarenziah

Teto's Territory
Hey !

I'm usually the lurker who don't bother with introduction, but the alert got me. Trying to keep it short.

I'm a music amateur since my youth and always been more comfortable listening to music than listening to it. My tastes are extremely eclectic and goes from chamber music to the most irritating noisecore, not mentioning jazz, indie rock or a capella 'world music'.

Long story short, being in a 'weeb phase' it's been months that my Spotify is filled with japanese stuff. And I pressed the 'like' button on some Vocaloid-sung tunes without even knowing what a Vocaloid was (I thought I was up-to-date with internet pop-culture, yet didn't even knew Hatsune Miku in 2019, how naive of me).

Anyway, I've educated myself a bit since since then. And as much as I like some Vocaloid songs, I've been seduced by the freeware and collaborative nature of UTAU. I have a strong connection with open-source/GNU related material, use Shotcut & LMMS regularly (amongt other open-source projects), and in this context, am interested in toying with UTAU.

Last thing I'd like to mention; I've seen somewhere that UTAU's development is kind of frozen (minus some Twitter hype screenshots). And even if I know very little about UTAU, it saddens me very much. As an open-source aficionados but also as a junior developer.
I've seen on this forum someone working on a web-app version, which I found very interesting. I also found this repo on GitHub, which gives me hope about the future of the software.

All in all, I intend to mostly lurk around here. Maybe one day I'll even find time to dig deeper into it, try some voicebanks and make a cover to toy with the software.

Still, know that some people are discovering and taking interest in UTAU even today in late 2019, long after the hype, and I firmly believe that it should stay alive, for a tons of reasons I don't think I need to enumerate.

'try to keep it short' => type a wall of text

Sorry lol. Anyway, see you elsewhere ! /e typo

tomatetoro

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi there! Welcome to the forum, and the community~ I've been in it for a while, past around like..I'd say 2012? I hope you enjoy being in it and learning lots about what UTAU is all about! I think I can say that a lot of us appreciate having more software developing-savvy people in the community so I'm glad you joined :smile:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello! I believe in you as one of the people who can bring hope to the community. Even if UTAU itself remains static, please donate brain cells towards projects like plugin development so we can continue moving forward.