HEEEELLLPPP

yumiiizuno

Momo's Minion
so uhhh im an utau newbie and i just downloaded utau like last week and uhh my utau cant sing and in my laptop there's no change locale option in the settings and uhh how to make my utau sing :sad:((

well in the utau tutorial that i found i should download romaji to hiragana plugin, so uhhh do you guys have any help or i should download the plugin
(if i should download the romaji to hiragana plugin pls give me the download link)

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Hi @yumiiizuno and welcome to UtaForum!
To make UTAU work as intended you only have to change your non-Unicode locale and your decimal symbol to a point if your regional settings default to a different symbol. Assuming you have Windows 8 or newer, you can modify these settings in Windows Settings under Time and Language. You will have to install the Japanese language support pack beforehand by adding Japanese to your preferred languages in Settings>Time and Language>Language and Region. This is needed to prevent file loss when installing Kana-encoded voicebanks. You will have to then either reinstall UTAU or run mkdefoko from the archive version to extract the default voicebank correctly.
As for your question regarding Romaji to Kana conversion, you can use bizz_v's "iroiro" suite instead. This plugin has a plethora of useful functions, including the aforementioned Romaji->Kana conversion.

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you're having trouble with your system setup you can follow the step by step guide with complete screenshots here.

why_is_luna44

Momo's Minion
so uhhh im an utau newbie and i just downloaded utau like last week and uhh my utau cant sing and in my laptop there's no change locale option in the settings and uhh how to make my utau sing :sad:((

well in the utau tutorial that i found i should download romaji to hiragana plugin, so uhhh do you guys have any help or i should download the plugin
(if i should download the romaji to hiragana plugin pls give me the download link)
alternitavely you can use english voicebanks, or a newer updated version is openutau, which i use for my projects :sing: