Generating .frq files!

Shine

Teto's Territory
So, I'm generating my UTAU's .frq files, and I'm actually worried cause in some samples, it generates two files while in other it only generates one! I looked up some other VCV voicebanks and they all have random numbers of frq files near their samples, like, three or four frequence files! Is this normal or something is going wrong?
Please, let me know!

Thank you for your time, this is maybe a really noob-y question. OTL

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
OK; first some recommendations:

1) Generate your frqs using fresamp. The reason is that fresamp renders them faster than resampler. To get this go to TOOLS > OPTIONS > PATH > Tool 2. Here change the engine to fresamp and when you generate the frequency maps will use this engine instead.

2) Be sure to have the fresamp engine patched with masao-san's program for an even faster process.

3) DO NOT use the new resampler that comes with UTAU0.4~ to make these frqs. I have encountered that it creates some errors and weird sounds inside the program if created with this engine. I checked this on many banks.

When you use certain engines, it may generate some random frequency files for some samples... not really necesary on a basis. TIPS regularly dont need them so creating them for your library may be a waste of time. In case you have m4, it's forbidden to share frequency files created with this engine with the libraries....

and uspec files, if I am right, are generated from the spectrogram view inside the oto editor. Pretty much like a caché file so it does not have to load the spectrogram everytime you open the file.

Please, tell me if this solves your problem.

Shine

Teto's Territory
Mario.MD link said:
OK; first some recommendations:

1) Generate your frqs using fresamp. The reason is that fresamp renders them faster than resampler. To get this go to TOOLS > OPTIONS > PATH > Tool 2. Here change the engine to fresamp and when you generate the frequency maps will use this engine instead.

2) Be sure to have the fresamp engine patched with masao-san's program for an even faster process.

3) DO NOT use the new resampler that comes with UTAU0.4~ to make these frqs. I have encountered that it creates some errors and weird sounds inside the program if created with this engine. I checked this on many banks.

When you use certain engines, it may generate some random frequency files for some samples... not really necesary on a basis. TIPS regularly dont need them so creating them for your library may be a waste of time. In case you have m4, it's forbidden to share frequency files created with this engine with the libraries....

and uspec files, if I am right, are generated from the spectrogram view inside the oto editor. Pretty much like a caché file so it does not have to load the spectrogram everytime you open the file.

Please, tell me if this solves your problem.

Oh, thank you so much for your answer and recommendations. I'm using the old resampler engine, that comes with the older version of UTAU, to generate those files, so, well, it's taking a lot! But then ext time, for my next voicebank, I will render the files with fresamp to make the whole process faster.

And yes, it does, looks like it's a normal procediment, generating those random files. Thanks for all the explanation!

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'd be careful about using fresamp with the patcher, too; I had it create some jumpy frqs around consonants in one of my VCV banks.  Even though it takes the longest, I still use the old resampler plus the patcher for totally glitchless results... but you can always just render them with fresamp+patcher, then re-render any you notice are glitched while otoing with the old resampler.

TIPS and tn_fnds render .pmk files in place of .frqs (they make these during use); m4 uses .frc files I think?  Or .frt?  And sometimes .star or .platinum files will appear I think with TIPS also.  All of the ones that aren't .frq should be deleted before releasing a bank.

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
^ By doing this:
Yue Nagareboshi said: