Critique Requested 【FAE x EFFIE】Near - Cover【UTAU PRE RELEASE DEMO】

Cosmickinsey

Teto's Territory

Here is a demo for both EFFIE and FAE, my newest UTAU's. I've been working on EFFIE for almost a year, and FAE was created in November of 2019. Both are nearly complete. Unfortunately, I currently do not know what flags I used, as I don't have my laptop with me. The standard resampler was used for this, but I do plan on playing around with resamplers now that I'm satisfied with both oto.ini files.

UST was not by me, and I will be crediting the creator once I have my laptop back. It was originally VCV, which I converted into CV.

Any feedback is welcome! :smile:

galaxy butterfly555

Teto's Territory
I really like both of their voices! If I had any recommendations, I 'd say try different resamplers, but you already said you were going to do that. lol TIPS and Fresamp are my favorite by far, but there are many others you could use (tn_fnds, world4utau, bkh01,etc). Anyways, great cover and UTAUs! :smile:

Cosmickinsey

Teto's Territory
I really like both of their voices! If I had any recommendations, I 'd say try different resamplers, but you already said you were going to do that. lol TIPS and Fresamp are my favorite by far, but there are many others you could use (tn_fnds, world4utau, bkh01,etc). Anyways, great cover and UTAU! :smile:

Thank you so much!!! Yes I do plan on trying other resamplers :3 I was using the default to get a basic understanding of how they sounded, as I'm not very familiar with the other ones. I'll definitely start by trying TIPS and Fresamp :3

sangv

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
They're mostly fine, but they both use English R's instead of Japanese ones, which to me sounds a little odd. If you're struggling to pronounce the Japanese R sound, using an English L in their place is potentially a better choice considering the Japanese R and English L are more similar to each other than the Japanese R and English R.

The end breaths also sound a bit odd imo, are you stretching the actual breath sound? With end breaths, you're supposed to stretch the silence directly after the breath.

Cosmickinsey

Teto's Territory
They're mostly fine, but they both use English R's instead of Japanese ones, which to me sounds a little odd. If you're struggling to pronounce the Japanese R sound, using an English L in their place is potentially a better choice considering the Japanese R and English L are more similar to each other than the Japanese R and English R.

The end breaths also sound a bit odd imo, are you stretching the actual breath sound? With end breaths, you're supposed to stretch the silence directly after the breath.

I will definitely try re-recording the Rs. I had a really hard time with them for some reason even though I used to be decent at doing Japanese Rs^^'

With this one, I forgot to do source=direct or.. whatever the code is to make UTAU not make the breaths sound like that ^^' With that in mind, I will definitely make sure the oto for the end breaths has the silence stretched.

Reactions: sangv