english OREMO not showing romaji

kedarui

Momo's Minion
hello! i'm trying to make my first UTAU voice bank and i'm having nothing but problems LMFAO. first i downloaded a version from a 2017 youtube tutorial, which didn't open and kept giving me error messages, so i went and downloaded the most recent version that was uploaded in 2019 but THAT version doesn't show the romaji translation underneath the hiragana symbol like it's supposed to.

upload_2020-10-5_11-52-33.png

it's completely empty! i can't read Any japanese so the lack of romaji renders this program completely useless to me. is this supposed to be like this? if not, what do i do? please help!

kedarui

Momo's Minion
welp, i managed to figure it out on my own! i'll leave this thread up for anyone that has the same question as me in the future and is looking for an answer. so, the reason why it wasn't popping up automatically was because i didn't have something called a comment file which basically saves whatever you write underneath a specific syllable:

upload_2020-10-5_12-52-19.png

i had to manually go through the entire list of syllables and write the romaji myself, then save it (don't ask me how to save it, i'll be honest, i have no idea how i managed to save it even though it only happened a few minutes ago LOL). so basically you'll have to manually input all of the romaji yourself unless you can find and download an OREMO-comment.txt file somewhere. after that, you'll want to go under File, then choose 'Load comment file', then select OREMO-comment.txt. that should load it up for you.