E.V.E.C. in UTAU

mateidobrescu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
We know that Luka V3 will have this fuction called E.V.E.C. for the Japanese banks. Well in UTAU is possible with multipitch banks containig appned/extend recordings. But it's hard to do so many OTOs. And we sounld not talk about other languages as English, French, Chinese. Well I found an easier way to make E.V.E.C style banks, and works for all languages! Until now I have it only in Japanese.

For UTAU I called it A.V.C(Advanced Voice Control). It uses a basic voicebank and only vowel recordings for the appends/extends. I only tried with Moody and Sweet voices and they sound good to me. It is easier to add appends to complex languages with this method, since you don't need to record all the sounds again in the desired tone.
I will release a Japanese bank with this "function" and I will implement it in my Romanian bank. So, what are your thoughts?

Reactions: Arisa-chan

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
By only having the vovels of the appends recorded, I assume you're still using the regular samples for the consonant. I'm guessing the notes look like this : [ra][a *]
where the [a *] is edited to replace the "a" in "ra" and the "*" is the suffix for the append.

It seems to work well on the CV (?) bank you used. But I'm not sure it will work that well on a vcv recorded bank though. Mostly due to the vovel that fades in before the consonat on each note, same goes for cvvc...
I'm only guessing though.

The method sounds usefull for cv banks. Saves some time recording and otoing. On the other hand it might requier more editing of the ust than just adding a suffix.

Reactions: mateidobrescu

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
As Ryan said, we already have the Suffix Broker that can do this function.

When it comes to things like this, UTAU is usually YEARS ahead of VOCALOID honestly.

Reactions: Kiyoteru