display issue?

ShindaSuzume

Momo's Minion
So i created the readme and character txt files
i typed in japanese and it seems all the characters were completely randomised, it makes no sense at all
not talking about the ???? deal, my laptop is set to japanese
its just every character i typed turned into a completely random character

atomicreih

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So i created the readme and character txt files
i typed in japanese and it seems all the characters were completely randomised, it makes no sense at all
not talking about the ???? deal, my laptop is set to japanese
its just every character i typed turned into a completely random character
Does it display correctly once in UTAU or is this display issue also happening within the program? For me this only happens with txt files when I see them in their folders, but it shows up just fine in UTAU etc.

ShindaSuzume

Momo's Minion
Does it display correctly once in UTAU or is this display issue also happening within the program? For me this only happens with txt files when I see them in their folders, but it shows up just fine in UTAU etc.
so the text file is ok, just in utau profile its all messed up.
for an example i typed japan into the text file and when i open the utau profile it looks like this
unknown.png

unknown.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've heard that other users have selected ANSI and ended up with a compatible file, since your computer should already be set to Japanese locale and any Japanese characters would therefore be saved and rendered correctly.
However, to minimize risk, I recommend using a more robust text editor like Notepad++ or Atom, which will allow you to explicitly select any encoding.

Reactions: ShindaSuzume