Resource icon

Tutorial Creating a Voicebank with Multiple Folders (directories)

Yesi-chan

Momo's Minion
Yesi-chan submitted a new resource:

Creating a Voicebank with Multiple Folders (directories) - Creating a Voicebank with Multiple Folders (directories)

I've wrote a tutorial on creating a voicebank with mutiple folders. I've noticed some people don't know how to use them or why you would want to make such a voicebank but hopefully this tutorial will help explain that.

Because of Internet troubles I was having, I ended up making the tutorial in word so I have the document here for download. The document is in the old .doc format so anyone with Office earlier than 2007 can view it. You should also be able to view it if you have...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh yay~ Thank you for this~ I kinda understand multiple folders but I never had an explanation or tutorial for it so thank you ^^

nils8950

Teto's Territory
Great Tutorial! This helped a lot!

Maybe you should add that self-installing Voicebanks can add folders to existing voiebanks.( Just add the extra files to a special folder inside a folder with the same name as your old Voicebank's folder inside a zip file, use the same directory inside the install.txt as before and the extra/append folder you wanted to install appears inside the main voicebank's folder. )
/can't explain very well

Yesi-chan

Momo's Minion
I had actually not tried that myself so I wanted to cover the basics at least :smile:
But I think you explained that pretty well ^^

The only thing missing would be the contents of the actual install.txt file:

Code:
type=voiceset
folder=<folder name (to just install the main directory) or subfolder(to install a subfolder in the main directory)>
contentsdir=<folder name (main directory)>
description=<a description which is optional>

This is how I understand it anyway... Cause I haven't actually bothered to mess around with this enough to actually explain it well ^^;;;
Anything in between "<>" is just basically an explanation.  You should not leave any spaces between the "=" sign and the actual text and don't add the "<>".
Another thing, type=voiceset is just basically what I saw in the install.txt files that I have so I suppose it's something you have to write all the time, unless you know of other types, which I sadly don't...

nils8950

Teto's Territory
the type=voiceset is to make sure UTAU installs it as voicebank, there is the option of using type=plugin or something like that for plugins. C:

Yesi-chan

Momo's Minion
@nils8950 instead of me adding that about the self installing UTAUloids to my tutorial, I think you should make a tutorial on that since you seem to have a better grasp on it than I do.  Like I had mentioned before the only thing that was missing from your explanation was the contents of the install.txt file and maybe explain with a bit more detail.
If you do make a tutorial, I would love a link and I'd totally link to it here and on my blog :smile:
That is unless people are okay with our explanation in the replies to this post lol.