{CONTEST} Covers for the Love of Kiibei!

Kero

Momo's Minion
+ COVERS FOR THE LOVE OF KIIBEI +

This is a contest to see who can best handle any or all of the UTAU voices from Kii's Vocal Experiment Series! It is preferred that you use only active banks (Kii Nane, Fuyu Komoriuta, Lock, Ran Shouga, Viai Emine, and Tsuzuru), but entries featuring discontinued banks will still be excepted and fairly judged.
The first deadline is at Noon on November 2nd.

+ RULES +
+ You MAY team up with others and split the prizes amongst yourselves. This is encouraged if you are not an artist, but are good at making covers. Good artwork increases your chances of winning better prizes. HOWEVER, an amazing piece of artwork WILL NOT HELP YOU if your cover is bad, whereas a good cover with average/less than amazing or non-existent artwork will.
x You MAY NOT use any other UTAU than Kii's in your entry(s), unless you really feel like you desperately need another voice type, in which case you must ask me for permission before you use the non-KVES UTAU.
+ You MAY enter more than once, so long as your entries are all high quality.
+ PVs (from sketchy animatics to full-blown color and motion) are allowed. These really boost your chances at winning, and you get an extra secret prize just for making one!

+ PRIZES +
+ 1st Place
$6 cash prize or equivalent (even for a SoundCloud cover ALONE, though art is highly recommended)
1 Full Body + 1 Half Body *OR* 2 Half Body and 3 Chibi cutouts from me (Kero) to use as you please!
A cover and art using the UTAU of your choice from me

+ 2nd Place
$3 cash prize or equivalent
1 Full Body *OR* 1 Half Body and 2 Chibi cutouts from me (Kero) to use as you please!
A cover using the UTAU of your choice from me

+ 3rd Place
1 Full Body sketch *OR* 2 Chibi cutouts from me
A cover using the UTAU of your choice

+ Honorable Mentions
Each get a full body sketch *OR* chibi cutout of their choice.

+ ENTRIES +
stormylullaby, TheDrunkRecruit, kirrinx: Ran Shouga - 【UTAU】First Love Academy・School of True Love【Lock・Ran Shouga・Kii Nane】
StarlightsShadow: Fuyu Komoriuta - 【UTAUカバー】 ユラギ / Yuragi 【子守歌フユ/Fuyu Komoriuta】
NicolaCola: Fuyu Komoriuta & Viai Emine - 【UTAU】 WANDERLAST 【子守歌フユ・笑音ヴィアイ】
Fyne-Q: Viai Emine - [UTAU cover] REVOLT [Viai Emine]
SakisCookie: 【UTAUカバー】 Alice Human Sacrifice 【Kii's Vocal Experiment Series】
Forra Bard: Ran Shouga - [UTAU] Macaron [Shoga Ran]

Scottei

Teto's Territory
Supporter
Oh hey thar.
I would like to maybe enter, all though this time around, I have finals so I don't know when I'll be able to get my cover in.
But yes. I'd like to enter.

Kero

Momo's Minion
The plan is to drag this out at LEAST four months, so you don't even have to worry about it. :'D
Added~ Please contact me when you have an idea as to which KVES UTAU you might be using. c': <3

P

PurinPuff

Hi, may I enter? I haven't decided what UTAUloids I'd like to use yet, but I'll keep you posted, if you want. Also, I have someone in mind for art collaboration, but I still have to ask, so nothing's set in stone yet.

Kero

Momo's Minion
Sure thing! Just make sure to PM me or something when it's all a little more solid so that I can keep everything in order/everyone gets their fair share, in the case of prizes. :'D

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Well I've been wanting to use Kii Nane for a while now, so I think I'll enter this.

Kero

Momo's Minion
Kii's UTAU are blessedly easy to use and well-recorded, so they're quite the pleasure to mix, even for me. xD /has to mix a billion times before anything sounds good lol ;;
You're on the list now. :'D

Roxanne link said:
What's the deadline?
I want to drag this thing out at LEAST four months, so for now let's say some time in October? But yeah, the whole thing is meant to be super chill, so don't even worry about time restraints or anything for the time being. :'D

@Lemondolly: Added you. c:

@smeen: ahhh yeah Kii Nane! <33 Added you, too. 8D

Fyne-Q

Teto's Territory
I'll enter for sure~
But I have a question: does it have to be a cover of a Vocaloid/UTAU song? o.o *wants to do one of her favourite singer's song*

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Fyne-Q link said:
I'll enter for sure~
But I have a question: does it have to be a cover of a Vocaloid/UTAU song? o.o *wants to do one of her favourite singer's song*
Not Kero [size=6pt]you don't say?, but I highly doubt she would say no to that :'D a cover is a cover, no matter of what song![/size]

Kero

Momo's Minion
stormylullaby link said:
[quote author=Fyne-Q link=topic=2371.msg18021#msg18021 date=1340373610]
I'll enter for sure~
Not Kero [size=6pt]you don't say?, but I highly doubt she would say no to that :'D a cover is a cover, no matter of what song![/size]
[/quote]
Added you to the list, Fyne-Q! :'D cool username, btw

Stormy's got it right, you can cover whatever song you want so long as you use Kii's UTAU. I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with! 8D

M

MagicalMadge

Is it too late to enter? I'd love to try a contest for the first time! :smile:

Kero

Momo's Minion
Nope! You both got here in plenty of time. :'D I've added you two sweethearts to the list. <3

Fyne-Q

Teto's Territory
I know that this topic was forgotten for some time, but it's the end of August now. Is the deadline specified? I want to finish everything (I have the cover almost done~) and I think it would be nice to know if the deadline is at the beginning of October, in the middle or at the end ^^ . Oh, and I'm using Viai in my entry :wink: .

By the way, if a friend helps me in rendering 3D animations (<i>only</i> in rendering, I'm doing everything else - models, camera motion etc.) and he's not interested in UTAU in any way, will it be considered "teaming up"? My own computer is slow, so it would be rendering too long... ._.

Kero

Momo's Minion
I was actually just about to post that information, lol.

The first deadline is at Noon on November 2nd, and depending on how many entries make it, there might be a second deadline set three weeks later. c':

If the person isn't contributing to the project with any sort of substantial work, then no, it will not be considered teaming up. Since he's only letting you use his computer to render, he will not count as a teammate.  :smile:

While I'm here, let's also get a headcount going! Please post here (or PM me) as to whether or not you are still involved/would like to remain involved. I hope most of you have been spending this time working on your projects; you've only really got about two months left to finish!

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm still participating! I still have some work to do, but my entry should be done before the deadline. :3