Commands for Utau resampler?

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I'm working on a project and would like to interface to the Utau resampler engine. However, after lots of testing various commands and parameters, all I ever get is a nasty sound (sounds like a robot upchucking).

Pupperoni Pizza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
With the resampler, it's pretty much just file in, file out. No?
I do know that if you neglect to send the note lengths properly it'll explode.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431028744][/DOUBLEPOST]
resampler.exe <input wavfile> <output file> <pitch_percent> <velocity> [<flags> [<offset>
<length_require> [<fixed length> [<end_blank> [<volume> [<modulation> [<pich bend>...]]]]]
]]

All I know is that resampler can only do one wav file at a time and that the finished notes need to be strung together by wavetool.
And that you need a way to tell it the contents of the oto.ini
and that in older versions, <velocity> was called <time_percent>

Last edited:

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I am only giving it one sound file and telling it to pitch it up or down. I've tried 100% (no) pitch adjust, multiple flag combinations, even disabling the formant filter, but still no go.

Pupperoni Pizza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
if I do something like "resampler teto_gi.wav 200 100"
It just generates the FRQ file and renders the wav file file. same length but higher pitch.

it seemed to have rendered fine.
Mind that I tried this in both the new and older 2.76 resampler...and the new one makes some FRQ glitches
[DOUBLEPOST=1431029545][/DOUBLEPOST]the pitch percent can also be a note...so G#4 or something...I'm just stupid and put 200

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Well I managed to get a reading of the commands being sent to the resampler (from Cadencii anyway) and it is overwhelming. Just take a look:
P5XmrQO.png

I don't think I'm feeling like reverse engineering this right now.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431030174][/DOUBLEPOST]Well actually, I think I got that sucker working! turns out I just needed to use a note like you suggested instead of a percentage.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Well, now on to figuring out how to make it timestretch, and tempo, and then interface to it in a program! It looks like a long, rough road ahead...
[DOUBLEPOST=1431030844][/DOUBLEPOST]I so damn wish that there was proper documentation (in English) for the resampler.

Pupperoni Pizza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
resampler.exe <input wavfile> <output file> <pitch_percent> <velocity> [<flags> [<offset>
<length_require> [<fixed length> [<end_blank> [<volume> [<modulation> [<pich bend>...]]]]]
]]

Based on that image, it's:
Section1:
<input wavfile> "a.wav"
<output file> "51_70_65_1e_c6_d4_b9_00_6f_ca_15_89_18_c4_2b_8b.wav"
<pitch_percent> "A#4" (The note's rendered pitch, quotes recommended for non-numeric values)
<velocity> "100" (basically consonant velocity, quotes not required)
<flags> "" (no flags were used, but the quotes are required)

section2:

-following deals with the oto/config and doesn't require quotes-
<offset> 6 (left blue space in the oto, amount from the beginning to cut off)
<length_require> 237 (note length to be rendered?)
<fixed length> 52 (This is the unstretched/consonant length)
<end_blank> 69 (amount from the end of input file to cut off, right blue space in oto.ini)
<volume> 100 (note volume/intensity)
<modulation> 10

<pich bend> 0.00Q120 ... ... ...
-I think these are spread evenly across the rendered note to create the pitch changes. and the amount depends on the length of the note and/or how fine you want the changes to be. Or done by a fixed amount of points...as can be seen in the MODE1 pitch editor.
I am unsure of what the "0.00Q120" is, ...tempo? - not likely

Notes:
-decimals are accepted

-negative values are accepted in the values listed under section 2
-overlap and preutterence(crossfades) seem to be handled by the GUI and/or Wavtool.exe

Note length and tempo is probably determined by the GUI and adjusted accordingly. As the resampler is just a pitch changer and stretcher.
And envelopes are obviously note handled by it.

Last edited:

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Thanks a ton! I am now pitch changing and time stretching from the terminal! Now interfacing to this (should) be pretty straightforward. Will definitely be saving this on my computer as a guide.

Pupperoni Pizza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
No problem! I'm just quickly editing some of the wording and stuff.
I may be slightly wrong in some of this, so I would double check all of that.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431032894][/DOUBLEPOST]There, finished editing the mess.
Now it's a bigger mess.

Last edited:

nmasao1

Momo's Minion
you can see what parameters utau.exe is passing to resampler.exe by checking "temp.bat" and "temp_helper.bat" in your temporary folder (=%temp%\utau1 folder).
I think pitch parameter generated by cadencii is a bit old. pitch generated by utau.exe is encoded with base64 format so that a longer pitch can be described.
first, try to google "utau resampler base64" for details though only japanese pages will be hit...

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
you can see what parameters utau.exe is passing to resampler.exe by checking "temp.bat" and "temp_helper.bat" in your temporary folder (=%temp%\utau1 folder).
I think pitch parameter generated by cadencii is a bit old. pitch generated by utau.exe is encoded with base64 format so that a longer pitch can be described.
first, try to google "utau resampler base64" for details though only japanese pages will be hit...
Thanks for all your help! I've got things pretty much sorted out for my project now (c# Utau interface).