[CLOSED] Moderator and Tutor Applications

EDIT 4/9/18:

Our new moderation and tutor team has been selected! Many thanks to everyone who applied!

Moderators:
heta-tan
partial
Shasta
WyndReed​

Tutors:
Haichou
Infoholic
Sors​

Last edited:

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
SHOOT I forgot to add Arpasing, Moresampler and "Other" to the knowledge list. Doing that now. (I wrote the form a while back!)

Please note responses CAN be edited if you would like to add details!

MystSaphyr

Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Many apologies for the delays! Honestly, it's things like this that prove we needed some fresh blood on the staff to keep things running.

Without further ado, I'd like to welcome our new moderators and tutors to the team!

Moderators:
heta-tan
partial
Shasta
Sors
WyndReed​

Tutors:

Haichou
Infoholic​

There will likely be another staff application period sometime in the future should the need arise!

Soursop the fruit

✧ Fruity & Happy ✧
Defender of Defoko
Thank you for have fulfilled your delayed promise.
There's something i want to say to the admins.
I post my words here because i want other members to read this, so, no secret i keep here.

This is pure for the purpose of all of us, the members of UtaForum.
Most of the active members here are confused and disappointed for the new staffs result that has been decided.
Unfortunately, they can't say it directly here.

They talked about it in another place.
I can give proofs, screenshots of disappointment of the members to prove that i'm not lying here. But i think that's not necessary....
For me, what's the use of talking behind? Admins won't know it and that won't solve the problem.
I believe, as long as it's right and i don't have any bad intent, i'll say it loudly.

After thinking about it...It would be better if admins could add more numbers of staffs besides the newly chosen staffs, especially on tutor part.
There are people who do have knowledges and proved to have helped us allot, like Kiyo-Sensei, Caustic/n4n4n4, WinterdrivE, and Yukito Yuki (but idk if Winter and Yuki are willing to be tutor or not).

Or, if admins don't want them to be tutors, admins should go into the field and help as tutors too because it's too heavy for the new tutors, especially Haichou; she's a good girl, i don't want her to be unhappy.

And for the new staffs, i say congrats! Enjoy your new duty, being a mod/tutor is a heavy but noble job so we all will support you.

One more, my suggestion..It would be better if UtaForum has an discord server that's intergrated to the forum. I've suggested this to the admins before.

Please forgive me if i said something wrong in this post.
Thank you so much for your time to read my post.

Peace.. u_u

MystSaphyr

Administrator
Defender of Defoko
The positions were unanimously decided by the staff, if there are any issues we are definitely open for critique. I am more than willing to discuss peoples' applications and explain our decisions through DMs. There were some difficult decisions to be made!

And we haven't forgotten the Discord integration, especially since it seems VocaVerse has that set up and they're doing quite well, I'm up for it! It's just a matter of installing the necessary plugins, which I'll likely be doing after I finish moving around threads/forums.

EDIT: Sors has been changed to Tutor from Moderator!

Last edited:

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Thank you for have fulfilled your delayed promise.
There's something i want to say to the admins.
I post my words here because i want other members to read this, so, no secret i keep here.

This is pure for the purpose of all of us, the members of UtaForum.
Most of the active members here are confused and disappointed for the new staffs result that has been decided.
Unfortunately, they can't say it directly here.

They talked about it in another place.
I can give proofs, screenshots of disappointment of the members to prove that i'm not lying here. But i think that's not necessary....
For me, what's the use of talking behind? Admins won't know it and that won't solve the problem.
I believe, as long as it's right and i don't have any bad intent, i'll say it loudly.

After thinking about it...It would be better if admins could add more numbers of staffs besides the newly chosen staffs, especially on tutor part.
There are people who do have knowledges and proved to have helped us allot, like Kiyo-Sensei, Caustic/n4n4n4, WinterdrivE, and Yukito Yuki (but idk if Winter and Yuki are willing to be tutor or not).

Or, if admins don't want them to be tutors, admins should go into the field and help as tutors too because it's too heavy for the new tutors, especially Haichou; she's a good girl, i don't want her to be unhappy.

And for the new staffs, i say congrats! Enjoy your new duty, being a mod/tutor is a heavy but noble job so we all will support you.

One more, my suggestion..It would be better if UtaForum has an discord server that's intergrated to the forum. I've suggested this to the admins before.

Please forgive me if i said something wrong in this post.
Thank you so much for your time to read my post.

Peace.. u_u
I honestly have to agree on this. I can especially not understand why Kiyoteru hasn't been made a tutor. His discord server St. Defoko's is a great place to learn stuff, and I have learned myself a lot from him.

Soursop the fruit

✧ Fruity & Happy ✧
Defender of Defoko
I don't understand Admin's decision to Kiyoteru, but i'd like to thank him personally for have helped me allot.
Thanks kiyo-sensei!~

Reactions: Kiyoteru

MystSaphyr

Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I definitely understand the concerns, but in order to protect users' privacy I cannot give out the full details of our decisions here.

However, again, if any applicant wishes to discuss their application directly with me I'd be more than happy to do so through DM or offsite!

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Lystrialle

Administrator
Administrator
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm just going off what Soursop has said about the tutor position, but I want to make clear what a "tutor" is defined as in the scope of UF.

The Tutor position is not just an awards system title we give to anyone and everyone deemed "helpful" in terms of UTAU and all. Being helpful with an open-use software like this one is something that can be done by anyone (and of course we are extremely grateful to those who take time out of their day to assist people). Tutors as appointed by UF are people whom we have deemed we are willing to work with to the point of giving them minor mod powers. Because of the mod powers given, the position can't quite be just handed out to anyone who's proven helpful beyond a certain point.

As for concerns about why this took so long, or whatever lack of staff there was...well, that's exactly why mod apps were held in the first place. If we were comfortable believing that we had a perfectly functioning and full-bodied mod team able to tackle any problem on the forum, then there wouldn't be any need to hold these. So we really do apologize for all the inconvenience that was caused up until now by being short-staffed or not, and hopefully the new team can help us provide a better experience for everyone.