Charsiesis Audacity Help

StarlightsShadow

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I found out about charsiesis plug in that it makes screamo sounds, but when I tried to extract it into the plug-ins folder in audacity, it says "access denied." It keeps doing it every time I try...

Can someone tell me what I should do?

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
StarlightsShadow link said:
I found out about charsiesis plug in that it makes screamo sounds, but when I tried to extract it into the plug-ins folder in audacity, it says \"access denied.\" It keeps doing it every time I try...

Can someone tell me what I should do?

What OS are you using? and is the error coming from your OS or from audacity itself?

StarlightsShadow

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Uhh...I might sound stupid asking this, but what is the OS? (I'm not that smart when it comes to computers.)

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
StarlightsShadow link said:
Uhh...I might sound stupid asking this, but what is the OS? (I'm not that smart when it comes to computers.)
Operating System...like Windows 7, Mac, etc.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Operating system. So, are you running Windows 7, mac, something else? And is the error message coming from, say, windows? Or is it audacity that's freaking out?

I gotta sleep now, so I might not get back to you for a bit. However, if you're running windows 7 or vista then I'm guessing it has something to do with whether or not you have administrator permissions. I hope that helps.

StarlightsShadow

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Oh, yes I do use Windows 7. Sorry, some computer terms makes my brain black out sometimes...
The error is coming from the OS, not audacity.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm guessing that it has something to do with administrator privileges.

Try going to control panel. From there, go to User Accounts and Family Safety - click on the title, specifically. From there you should find another screen with options to configure User Accounts, Parental Control, Credential Manager, etc.

You'll want to take a look at your account settings, so go to User Accounts - again clicking on the title. This should take you to a screen with your account name and picture in a box at the right hand side...mine is "Kathryn" with an icon of an orange flower : P

Underneath that it should say something like standard user, or "Administrator". If it says Standard User, then I'm guessing the reason that you cannot install the .dll is because you don't have the privileges to do it. You can change your privileges by logging on as an account that is an Administrator, going to the same screen with the icon/name as above, switching to editing your own profile by clicking on "manage another account", and then pressing "change account type". Try installing Charsiesis again after changing your account to administrator. If that doesn't work, or if you're classified as Administrator already, then we'll have to think of something else.

If anything there was unclear, then please tell me ^^

StarlightsShadow

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm already set as an Administrator. So its not that.
I tried it again and realized now that the error messages are coming from Winrar, not the OS. It will unzip everywhere else but the Audacity folder.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Ah, you're best off extracting it somewhere else and seeing if you can move it over from there. There probably won't be too much of a fuss.