Can someone fix my oto?

CrystalPeach

Momo's Minion
I'm making my VCV UTAU via OREMO and SetParam and it sounds fine so far, but the oto is completely wrong... I'm not sure how to fix it to make it sound properly, so can someone help fix it for me? I can send over the oto and voicebank so you can see what the problem is, so please let me know if you'd like to help!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In general, a [- CV] sample should be OTO'd like this, regardless of the consonant type/shape.
Offset: Beginning of the consonant
Overlap: 0
Preutterance: End of the consonant, beginning of the vowel
Consonant: Where the vowel starts being stable
Cutoff: Where the vowel stops being stable, before fading out to the next consonant

-cv.png

A [V CV] sample should be oto'd like this, also regardless of consonant type/shape.
Overlap: A fixed value that's long enough to crossfade smoothly but short enough that it doesn't intrude too much on the previous note. I usually use 80.
Offset: In the previous vowel, so that the overlap lands at the end of the stable area BEFORE the previous vowel fades out.
Preutterance: End of the consonant, beginning of the next vowel.
Consonant: Where the next vowel starts being stable
Cutoff: Where the next vowel stops being stable, before fading out to the next consonant

vcv.png

If you're having trouble with particular samples in your voicebank, feel free to post a screenshot of the OTO and I can annotate them with where the parameters should go. You're best advised to also post an audio sample so that the errors can be heard in action. You can upload audio to this website: https://clyp.it/

CrystalPeach

Momo's Minion
In general, a [- CV] sample should be OTO'd like this, regardless of the consonant type/shape.
Offset: Beginning of the consonant
Overlap: 0
Preutterance: End of the consonant, beginning of the vowel
Consonant: Where the vowel starts being stable
Cutoff: Where the vowel stops being stable, before fading out to the next consonant

View attachment 9308

A [V CV] sample should be oto'd like this, also regardless of consonant type/shape.
Overlap: A fixed value that's long enough to crossfade smoothly but short enough that it doesn't intrude too much on the previous note. I usually use 80.
Offset: In the previous vowel, so that the overlap lands at the end of the stable area BEFORE the previous vowel fades out.
Preutterance: End of the consonant, beginning of the next vowel.
Consonant: Where the next vowel starts being stable
Cutoff: Where the next vowel stops being stable, before fading out to the next consonant

View attachment 9309

If you're having trouble with particular samples in your voicebank, feel free to post a screenshot of the OTO and I can annotate them with where the parameters should go. You're best advised to also post an audio sample so that the errors can be heard in action. You can upload audio to this website: https://clyp.it/

Thank you for the tips! I was able to fix my oto! Turns out I had the settings on SetParam wrong, so I was able to fix it and it sounds much better!

Reactions: Kiyoteru