Black Rock Shooter Anime (not OVA)!

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
So I went today on BRS wikia (to check something about the BRS game I'm playing right now) and I saw this trailer of the upcoming anime

Black★Rock Shooter ブラック★ロックシューター New Official TV Trailer [PV2] [HD]

and later I found this one

Black★Rock Shooter 2012 OFFICIAL TRAILER ブラック★ロックシューター

What do you think about the trailers?
Personally, I was from the first trailer of the OVA a fan of it so I'm really excited about the upcoming anime. I prefered the anime style of the OVA though. And I'm a bit disappointed about the character designs - the school uniforms are... just no. I don't like them. And Yomi with glasses? Seriously, Dead Master with glasses? This looks.... awful (no offense against glasses, it just don't fits her). As I wachted the trailer and that blond girl with the doll appeared I was like WTF because she reminded me off of Vincent from Pandora Hearts (random fact orz). She looks kind of creepy and mysterious, it's positive for me. The fights could be done better in the trailer - but lets wait for the anime. It's just a trailer, right?

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oooh...-has the OVA on dvd-

Looks pretty interesting from what I was able to see...but my computer is being stupid so I couldn't tell...is Yuu in there? And...Strength...maybe? ;u;

Also...eeehhh...Yomi y u got glasses on girl? D: Oh well, sometimes as people get older they need glasses...I should know. -nod- I can't wait for the release since the OVA was awesome.

Seriously is Yuu and Strength in there?! I want mah Strength to make an appearance!

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
Yes, both of them will appear, the same goes with Black Gold Saw
Btw, Yuu's full name will be Yuu Koutari

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah I watched it too~ It almost made me late for class today rofl XD I kinda half wanted it to pick up where the OVA left off though XD But I guess that's just a little too much to hope for.

It was still pretty good. I enjoyed it~ Hard to make a serious judgment call when I've only seen the first episode though.

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Glasses, I don't mind. But the veil... D:

Yomi may be shy, but Dead Master's character is too brutal for a veil. :blink:

Rai

Teto's Territory
Maybe it's just me but the episode feels kinda rushed. Too many events crammed in.
@faeri maybe the veil is just temporary :orly:

Also when BRS put on her hood I was like 'wait what? where did her ponytails go?' o_o *disappeared* /ohmypoverlypickydetailnoticingmind

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I also think the veil is temporary...I think the glasses may be temporary too? Well...I want them to be. Else it makes me feel like my Dead Master figma is incorrect rofl

@Rai -turns your overly picky mind off- They're in her hood.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
[me=Hentai]has no interest.[/me]

People on VO annoyed the shit out of me with the OVA. Totally killed any interest I had in the series. I might get back to it later after all the hype has died down just to see what all the fuss was about.

For now though it will remain "The Best Anime I Have Never Seen".

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well then Aster I guess you and I just have the same tastes? Cause I didn't see too much of a problem with it. Also it's only one episode...the people who down right hate it I feel are judging way too quickly. They can't honestly form a serious opinion based off of one episode can they?

-waits for second episode-

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
I really should watch the OVA. But the trailers are good. I guess.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I liked it. I like the new design for DM too. Also, is the opening a remastered version of BRS or did I just hear it wrongly?

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
I watched it on Friday. I still hold my opinion on the veil. I feel the glasses actually fit this version of Yomi.
What made me feel weird is the line "Someone feels the pain for you.". It  makes sense in BRS, but really, I really won't hear that line in reality.
Kagari (the wheel-chaired bound girl) is actually pretty interesting for an antagonist. I really like her  line "You can have the dirty colors.". She looks a bit psycho, and I have a tendency to like psycho characters. :blink: She's a bit yandere, don't you think?
The part where it felt kinda rushed is that you get to see Yomi cry right in the end of episode 1, which I felt should have been postponed for a little bit.

But then again, Wikipedia says this series is only for eight episodes, so that might justify some of their decisions.
(WHAT? Only eight? ╯)╯╯╯╯╯╯ಠ益□ಠ)╯︵ ︵ ┻━┻*tableflips*)

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, I read that too. Only 8? That's too bad. It might kills the series, they will probably rush it because of that timeframe.

Ciel Phantomhive

Teto's Territory
I watched the first episode of the anime today, and I personally find it quite good.
I absolutely love Karagi so far, as well as her other-world form (I believe she was called Chariot?). The toy world was so delightfully creepy. And her with the dolls and the macaroons and everything... Ooh la la, I love me a creepy doll using antagonist.
The veil on DM is a little odd, but it looks pretty, anyway.
I was a huge Mato/Yomi shipper for the OVA, so it's nice that they seem to have gotten a bit of a relationship upgrade for this one. xD

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Just finished watching the second episode. I thought it was good~ Felt kind of bad for Kagari but I've met and dealt with someone like her so the moment was short lived =_=;;

It makes me sad the series is going to be so short ;n;

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Second Ep was considerably more better than the first. Like Iris, I feel bad for Kagari.
I loved her yandere moment. Reminded me of Higurashi. *note: Only completely yandere moment I've ever seen was Higurashi. And I've never even watched Higurashi*
I'm just confuzzled over the sudden personality change.
Hopefully, it'll be explained next week.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I absolutely adore Kagari. She's so freaky I just can't hate her. (I have a little something for crazy maniacs.)

The second episode seemed to flow much more. Just like how I write, the first part is kinda slow since I need to come into it but then everything goes fine? I guess I understand it since it exactly how I work. xD

Anyhow, I'm interested in what will happen next!

irei1as

Teto's Territory
I can't care less about the girls story. I even dislike these kind of plots... but the fight scenes are cool enough to see it around when doing nothing. The 2nd episode is quite better for its larger and more dynamic battle scene.

Probably I'll drop it if they get too boring.

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Epsiode 3 is out~

amg Kohata-senpai!! D': I just want to give her like a srs big hug T_T
That counselor, Saya, is such a creep...what is wrong with her she's freaking me out /suspicious