Background noise help?

erianOalien

Teto's Territory
Ever since i moved back in with my parents, ive been unable to record because of the air conditioner constantly in the BG and its very noticeable. I have a panty-hose over my mic, as well as a pop filter, and i just /cannot/ get rid of the sound.
I'm currently saving up to move out, so i don't have the funds to get a new mic(the one i want is a blue yeti), but theres voicebanks for my UTAU i need to record asap because i'm losing my masculine voice from not being on T anymore.
I have a blue snowball, its a bit old, but i know its not the mic because while i was moved out, the banks i made were incredible because of the lack of BG noise. i feel like BG noise has been holding back a lot of my old banks,,,,,,

Is there /anything/ i can do? or should i shell out money for a new mic,,, i'm not sure what to do but i'm getting frustrated. Any suggestions would be wonderful! hopefully this is the right forum dasdfsddfgbdf---

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Hmm, I don’t know that much about modifications like adding things to the mic or building something of a “studio” to block noise, or if buying a different mic would change the effect. But, I think your best bet would be finding some place away from the sound to record.

If possible, try a friend’s house? Or maybe record in a car? I have the same struggle with BG noise due to living space tbh and I know it’s pretty annoying if you can’t go somewhere outside of the house.

If there’s maybe some place like a walk-in closet with lots of clothes to block out the sound, that’s normally what I do.

Or, If the air conditioning is everywhere all throughout the house, is it possible to put something on top of the vent in the room you use to block the sound?

Maybe even, if you find a day where there’s no one else in the house, could you turn the air conditioning off?

Aaa, that’s all I could think of for the moment, but I hope you find a good solution on time !

erianOalien

Teto's Territory
Hmm, I don’t know that much about modifications like adding things to the mic or building something of a “studio” to block noise, or if buying a different mic would change the effect. But, I think your best bet would be finding some place away from the sound to record.

If possible, try a friend’s house? Or maybe record in a car? I have the same struggle with BG noise due to living space tbh and I know it’s pretty annoying if you can’t go somewhere outside of the house.

If there’s maybe some place like a walk-in closet with lots of clothes to block out the sound, that’s normally what I do.

Or, If the air conditioning is everywhere all throughout the house, is it possible to put something on top of the vent in the room you use to block the sound?

Maybe even, if you find a day where there’s no one else in the house, could you turn the air conditioning off?

Aaa, that’s all I could think of for the moment, but I hope you find a good solution on time !

I can't really do that since i only have a desktop, and my mic is usb. i've heard of people recording on their phones, but i've never figured out how they could.
I may ask a friend of mine who has a laptop if i could chill at their place and record, but idk if that'd work since their laptop is kinda old.

Thank you for the suggestions!! this is a hard thing to fix, and i'm probably just going to buy a new mic :bigtears: