Antonio Zurusaki

RenzoA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Lol im the only one who ships non cannon characters xD
t̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶B̶r̶u̶P̶h̶i̶l̶,̶ ̶S̶i̶n̶g̶a̶M̶a̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶A̶u̶s̶s̶i̶e̶N̶e̶s̶s̶i̶a̶

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Wow! Fun! Maybe Hetalia derives from Italy said in Italian. Italy is Italia
Here's a blog post about the history of it hahaha
And you're right: it is a mix of a Japanese word and Italy at the same time :smile:

"It's actually a combination of 2 Japanese words. "Hetare" meaning useless or stupid and "Italia" which is Japanese for Italy (Kind of like how we combine Brad and Angelina to get Brangelina. Same basic idea). It's basically making fun of Italy's supposed uselessness during the war."

Citation: http://hetaliaftw.blogspot.ae/2009/05/meaning-behind-hetalia.html

Reactions: RenzoA and Ant0n

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
*SuFin shipper hops in*
I'm Italian lol :smile: :smile: :smile: Anyway, Italy was a stupid nation, because there was a leader (Benito Mussolini) who supposed to be agree with Hitler, and I'm not agree... All people think Hitler was very bad, and he committed very horrible crimes... ok, I'm off-topic, but it'll be interesting to talk wbout serious things...

Reactions: Piia

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I'm Italian lol :smile: :smile: :smile: Anyway, Italy was a stupid nation, because there was a leader (Benito Mussolini) who supposed to be agree with Hitler, and I'm not agree... All people think Hitler was very bad, and he committed very horrible crimes... ok, I'm off-topic, but it'll be interesting to talk wbout serious things...
Mussolini actually applied Hitler's teachings, right?