Androgynous Voice?

Elin

Teto's Territory
Hi!
I have been fiddling around with Audacity to see what my normal speaking voice sounds like.
As I´m a 21 year old female I think I have a rather androgynous voice.
(Maybe like V Flower from Vocaloid but more soft?)
The freq avg: 199.7 Hz (G3), and that´s my normal speaking voice in the morning!
But I can of course go higher if I want, and lower...
Is this normal to go below 200 Hz as a girl?
Does it count like a androgynous voice?
Anyone else like me with similar voice type?

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello there!

I think that going below as an alto is completely normal, I go down there too (I’m AFAB ). My talking voice is often commented as an androgynous.

If only thinking hertz, I think that around 220~170Hz is counted as an androgynous but there’s more factors than hertz to sound an androgynous.

My mom who’s over 50 years old, her singing voice was around 150Hz in average and it is low for females that if just looking at hertz, it’s easy to believe that it a “male” voice. However, my mother’s timber isn’t masculine at all, so even if her voice was as low as a male, she still sounds like a woman. Maybe not a young one but still a woman.

This also applies to cis guys too. I know many guys that has higher range than me but they still (most of them) sounds like dudes regardless.

Yes, a right pitch can help to sound more masculine/feminine but I think that the bigger factor is your voices “melody”, timbre and accent. Only working these 3 and ta-da, sounding more masculine/feminine/androgynous/whatever you want.

Reactions: Kiyoteru and Elin

Elin

Teto's Territory
Thank you for clearing that up! I thought I was the only one with an androgynous voice. :smile: