Aliasing Your UTAU

Hachiko

Momo's Minion
A lot of UTAU newbies often don't know about aliasing, Japanese locale system, and/or use a plug-in to convert romaji to hiragana and back, just to use a .UST. But, alias once and convert no more! Even if you still have the gibberish version of UTAU.

If your computer is not yet set to Japanese locale, this should help you: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Change-the-system-locale
But assuming that you have already done that, you can move on.

(This is a tutorial I made long ago, but all of the information should still be correct. If there are any errors, though, please inform me and I'll check it out.)

21amhyg.jpg

28i3i9x.jpg

168fxao.jpg

1. The file name.
2. Alias. This is what you need to focus on.
3. Set. After inputting the hiragana in, click this before clicking any other button.
4. Clear, which obviously clears everything.
5. Duplicate. You don't need to know these.

If you want to delete a file, simply click the button below Duplicate, which is #5.

Now you have a few options as to how you'll be putting in the alias.

Japanese keyboard / Microsoft IME

2qbacn9.jpg

If you have the Japanese keyboard already installed in your computer, that makes everything easier. If you have Windows 7 like me, there should be an "EN" or "JP" sign at your taskbar. If not, you should install it if you'd like things to go smoothly.

I won't go over how to install it, but you can probably figure things out if you go to your Control Panel then to the Language settings. Here's the link if you're too lazy to Google it up, though: http://www.yesjapan.com/install_japanese/

tutix.png

So once you've change your keyboard to Japanese (in Hiragana), you can type in romaji and it will appear in kana. For an example, you can type in "hiragana" and your keyboard will type out ひらがな

2432e86.jpg

1. Make sure that your keyboard is in JP when you have clicked on the white box for alias.
2. Type in whatever phoneme that may be. In my case, it was a. A green "jagged" line will appear under your text. When it is whatever you desired it to be, enter, and the line should disappear.
3. Click Set
4. OK should get you all finished.

Copying and Pasting from an existing UTAU or .UST file
I used Defoko for these just because she's the only other UTAU I have on my computer other than Utaune Nami which doesn't provide their alises in hiragana.

rwkkr8.jpg

So simply copy the hiragana and paste into your own voicebank. It should work with no problems.

6j0oer.jpg

Now my 'a' also has the hiragana for it. And once again, click Set, then OK.

Manually copying from another UTAU's oto.ni
If nothing else works... This works well if your UTAU is still in gibberish as well.
Either way, whether or not you can see hiragana, this is the last-method kind of option.

2uzaqt0.jpg

So after opening your own oto.ni, this is what you should have (with different values, of course). As you can see, I already have the alias filled out. My "a" for example has the following values:

a.wav=あ,21,80,197,0,0

filename.wav=alias,offset,consonant,cutoff,preutter.,overlap

rwkkr8.jpg

Copy the alias from another UTAU's oto.ni and paste into your own oto.ni.
When you've copied and pasted all of your phonemes, remember to save the oto.ni and re-start UTAU when you're done.

Now when you've opened UTAU again, it should have all of the aliases in hiragana.

All of these should work just fine. The last one is a very quick way, but you'll need to edit all of the oto.ni values if you're going to do that.

At any rate, good luck!