Adjusting a UST

Dusky_y

Teto's Territory
Hello, im really new to everything, so my apologies if i get things wrong.

Obviously, you have to credit people if you used their things. I went on utau.wiki to look for an english vccv voicebank to practice with before i am able to create my own (ill start that process late August). So i wanted to cover "Still Alive" and i found a nice UST by Ceejay Pastrana. BUT i wanted to tune it myself. (side note, im having trouble figuring out why the program wont let me move control points where i want them to be)

Is it ok to retune the whole ust or am i supposed to make small adjustments to what is existing? This is probably a dumb question e_e"

ArtsyP!nk

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
You can remove all tuning in a UST, if you want. Do CTRL+A then left click to get your options. Press Pitch. Then click Portamento until the the check box has a black mark on it. Then close out of it. You now have the default tuning so you can tune however you like. You can also just make adjustments to them, as they do not change the notes themselves, just how they are said.

(To make it easier to play with the control points, use the Pitch Editor Plugin. Makes it much easier.)

EDIT: oof I just noticed that you were asking if it's okay to change 'em, and not how to. Disregard my post lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dusky_y

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
As long as you still credit whoever originally made the UST, retuning is fine. In fact I’d encourage doing the tuning on your own because it’s nice to have variety. Hearing the same tuning on the same song over and over again gets boring.

Dusky_y

Teto's Territory
You can remove all tuning in a UST, if you want. Do CTRL+A then left click to get your options. Press Pitch. Then click Portamento until the the check box has a black mark on it. Then close out of it. You now have the default tuning so you can tune however you like. You can also just make adjustments to them, as they do not change the notes themselves, just how they are said.

(To make it easier to play with the control points, use the Pitch Editor Plugin. Makes it much easier.)

EDIT: oof I just noticed that you were asking if it's okay to change 'em, and not how to. Disregard my post lol.

Thank you so much!! I was hoping someone would mention how to as well!! Any information is appreciated!!
[doublepost=1563404372][/doublepost]
As long as you still credit whoever originally made the UST, retuning is fine. In fact I’d encourage doing the tuning on your own because it’s nice to have variety. Hearing the same tuning on the same song over and over again gets boring.

Ok, great!! Yeah i can see that, Thank you!!

Reactions: ArtsyP!nk