Adding Power to English Teto in High Notes

Keygs

Momo's Minion
So I'm using English Teto to cover Define Me (yikes I know)
and things are going decently well but now that I'm at the chorus her high notes are VERY soft and don't fit the tone of the song. Does anyone have ideas as to what I could do to give her voice some of that belting power? The only thing I can think of is import Japanese vowels from a power vb and crossfade them when the English consonants but I really don't wanna do that. Doing vibrato growl just sounds weird and bad. Thank you in advance!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
By default, Teto's voicebanks are meant to install in such a way that allows you to use all of them together as one voicebank. You'd be able to substitute various full Japanese syllables (not just the vowels) for English syllables. For example, [si] could be replaced with [すぃ]. Go through a process of trial and error to find the best Japanese vowel to match an English vowel. Do keep in mind that just because an English word is spelled with a particular vowel, doesn't mean that the same vowel pronounced in Japanese will actually match the sound. "e" and "o" are actually very versatile vowels that can be substituted in a variety of circumstances- you'll want to use "i" and "u" very rarely.

Reactions: Kaleidiope