Academy of UTAU: Seeking teachers/tutors

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
(alternative school name: The Utaism-Sponsored Educational Institution: St. Defoko's School of UTAU)

I'm planning to set up the Academy of UTAU, a system by which newbies can find a tutor to teach them 1 on 1 how to use UTAU and do other UTAU-related things. All of the tutors would collaborate on a lesson plan for a core set of lessons, as well as designing additional more specific lessons for their specializations. These lessons could later be made into a series of tutorials.

Anyone looking to become a tutor for the academy should have at least one method of contact (including instant messaging) and know how to do these things.
- Prepare computer and install UTAU
- Using UTAU (entering notes/editing note parameters (flags, pitchbend/vibrato, etc), built in tools)
- Install/use plugins and resamplers (Windows users only)
- Voicebank file structure and release procedure
- OTOing CV, VCV, and CVVC
As well as an additional specialization, such as writing original songs, artwork, writing reclists, etc.

Name: name
Contact info: contact info (email, skype, etc.)
Availability: timezone, days of week, other notes
Additional skills: additional skills

Last edited:

MANIAGIRLKITTY

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
he
(alternative school name: The Utaism-Sponsored Educational Institution: St. Defoko's School of UTAU)

I'm planning to set up the Academy of UTAU, a system by which newbies can find a tutor to teach them 1 on 1 how to use UTAU and do other UTAU-related things. All of the tutors would collaborate on a lesson plan for a core set of lessons, as well as designing additional more specific lessons for their specializations. These lessons could later be made into a series of tutorials.

Anyone looking to become a tutor for the academy should have at least one method of contact (including instant messaging) and know how to do these things.
- Install UTAU
- Using UTAU (incl flags)
- Install/use plugins and resamplers (Windows users only)
- Make voicebanks (as complex as multipitch/multiple appends)
- OTO CV, VCV, and CVVC
As well as an additional specialization, such as writing original songs, artwork, writing reclists, etc.
Im intrested i make artwork and i know how utau works im always available at utaforum . I do make originals from time to time but i never get a chance to realease them

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
Name: Zoku
Contact info: u kno what it is
Availability: generally 3:30 PM to 8 PM PST on weekdays
Additional Skills: I can write, great patience in teaching (after teaching 15 kids who barely spoke English), UTAU experience since 2011, reclisting, tuning, USTing, memeing

Shibaru 101

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm interested!!! I can teach people about design and tuning. I can also teach how to oto CV and VCV. If the student is a Malaysian or an Indonesian, it will be easier for me cause I'm not good in English tbh.

Name:Shibaru
Contact info: Discord: Shibaru#5747
Availability: On Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Additional skills: Designing, tuning, oto CV and VCV.

Last edited:

MANIAGIRLKITTY

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
he

Im intrested i make artwork and i know how utau works im always available at utaforum . I do make originals from time to time but i never get a chance to realease them

Forgot a part
Name: MANIAGIRLKITTY or mana
Contact info: marthe.pieron@gmail.com
Availability: i live in belgium but im always available
Additional skills: artwork growl utau an cv , vcv

tavionte

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
i can give my support on teaching how the system works, setting it up, tuning, and mixing.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Shibaru 101 @MANIAGIRLKITTY @tavionte
I appreciate the entries, but would it be alright if we double check the OP for base skills? Specifically, I'd like to have people who are proficient at creating high quality CV, VCV, and CVVC otos without needing any help, at the level where you can easily teach others. If CVVC is a weakness, then I'm not sure how helpful you can be. CVVC is a very prominent and highly useful oto style.
[doublepost=1474110648,1474109604][/doublepost]@Shirahime @Yue Nagareboshi @shinami @Olivia

UTAforum tutors, would you (and/or possibly other forum staff and prominent community members) be interested in this UTAU school concept? Tutoring individuals, teaching classes, writing lessons/a textbook (text tutorials), making video tutorials.

Shibaru 101

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
CVVC is not my weakness. I know how to oto a CVVC but I don't really work on CVVC . I'm comfortable with VCV and CV.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Well. I was about to apoly, but then one of the requirementes is oto CVVC: I can only do CV and VCV...

Anyway, good lucky guys!

MANIAGIRLKITTY

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
@Shibaru 101 @MANIAGIRLKITTY @tavionte
I appreciate the entries, but would it be alright if we double check the OP for base skills? Specifically, I'd like to have people who are proficient at creating high quality CV, VCV, and CVVC otos without needing any help, at the level where you can easily teach others. If CVVC is a weakness, then I'm not sure how helpful you can be. CVVC is a very prominent and highly useful oto style.
[doublepost=1474110648,1474109604][/doublepost]@Shirahime @Yue Nagareboshi @shinami @Olivia

UTAforum tutors, would you (and/or possibly other forum staff and prominent community members) be interested in this UTAU school concept? Tutoring individuals, teaching classes, writing lessons/a textbook (text tutorials), making video tutorials.
I dont have problem with any oto stuff at all so cvvc works to . As long as the utau sings in the end its good . My favorite way of utau reclist stays cv . I think its much more fun

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Formally applying.

Name: _caustic_
Contact info: you already got that
Availability: Eastern Standard Time, varies depending on when my work schedule permits.
Additional skills: Audio (and voicebank sample) editing, mixing with Cockos Reaper and included (or external) plugins, tuning, Utau user since 2010.

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Chances are very likely that they're free, considering that many members of the community are without their own means of income (or have a limited budget if they do work).

Sorry, are you applying to join the utau school staff? Or just replying on my behalf?

@Shibaru 101 @MANIAGIRLKITTY

I've added you both to my notes.

I've currently got 6 people on the team, I may stop when I get 10 or so- but with a focus on 1 to 1 tutoring, new tutors will be welcome to meet demands.

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
BTW I can make video and/or textbook tutorials/lessons if needed. I planned to do something similar on Vocaloid Amino tbh but it's not a nice work flow.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Why would reply on Lofe's behalf if you're not part of the staff, not sent by Lofe, or not even the OP (Lofe)?
A poster asked an innocuous question that has what appears to be an obvious answer (unless my eyesight is worse than I thought and I missed a detail regarding payments, compensation, etc. which would imply that the tutorial services offered aren't free), so... I answered. If Lofe has a problem with this, they have the means to address me directly themselves. If it was intended to be a paid service, Lofe wouldn't have left something like that unaddressed in the OP.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've currently gotten 6 people signed up to help with this, I'm still waiting until there's 10 people before I want to start doing actual work on the project.