A Few Questions

keopi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
So, I'll go straight to the point here.

1) What do you think is better, Number Bronze-esque, multiple pitch, CVVC voice banks? Or VCV voice banks with a few pitches?

2) Do you want all the appends of one language of an UTAU (let's say Japanese) be able to be used in a different language, if any? (Ex. Japanese has Natural, Strong, and Soft. Would you want... uhm, English to have all those pitches and appends too?)

That's all, thanks!

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
So, I'll go straight to the point here.

1) What do you think is better, Number Bronze-esque, multiple pitch, CVVC voice banks? Or VCV voice banks with a few pitches?

2) Do you want all the appends of one language of an UTAU (let's say Japanese) be able to be used in a different language, if any? (Ex. Japanese has Natural, Strong, and Soft. Would you want... uhm, English to have all those pitches and appends too?)

That's all, thanks!

1.) I guess it depends on whether the pitches expand the range or expressions of the utau. Like if its got like 9 pitches but they all sound the same then there's not really a point. I would pick a practically pitched vcv over an overpitched cvvc purely for the sake of convenient compatibility with most usts. (I have to use Utau synth so no ust converters)

On the other hand, if the many pitches do have a use and improve the sound to the vcv then I would prefer the cvvc even with the inconvenience.

2.) That would definitely be nice, but usually an utau with an english bank is an amenity all in itself for me lel. For me an english bank made similar to the natural one would be good enough but if appends can be done then hell yeah sign me the f up that's some good shit righ there

Reactions: keopi

N.Zo

Nico Nico Need's A Nap
Defender of Defoko
Only give me the best CVVC 3(+??¿) pitch bank. Preferably not powerscale, but that is a little biased.

A Japanese bank with a wide variety of vocal effects like appends would be nice! And with CVVC, you can create an efficient E.V.E.C. like system!! Well, E.V.E.C is a copy of utau's ability to use multiple banks and have them separately used with prefixes, but that's beyond the point!

Maybe a bank that deals like Miku V3! A set of three power banks (prefixes) and three soft banks!!

keopi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I see...

Well, I did want to do what Nokoe suggested to do, actually. The E.V.E.C-like voicebanks.

I was thinking of doing CVVC mainly because it will be quicker to record and I could record many more tones. The only problem would be that the rest of the language extends would not have this feature.

I guess I'm fine with not being able to have them to be all-around compatible, I just need to make sure others do too!

Also, the tones/extends I wanted to include are:

Core: Natural
- - -
Power: Solid (no nasal)
Belt
Vivid (nasal)
- - -
Soft: Serious (rasp)
Warm (normal)
Sweet (cute)
- - -
Literal Extends: Vocal Fry
Growl
Falsetto
- - -
Pronunciation Extend: V-Kei

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I would prefer a CVVC with a reasonable pitch spread (if the pitches are all within the same octave, then it's a waste of space, those pitches should be able to spread up to 2-3 octaves).

If appends for a larger language (like English) are possible, then go for it. I plan on doing the same for my own banks - provided the oto limit allows.

EDIT: Now that I see your plans, I would recommend blending/mixing certain appends together into multipitch appends. It's inevitable that different attempts at certain timbres will overlap, such as...

Whisper -> Sweet -> Vivid
Soft -> Warm
Natural core (Solid) -> Belt -> Falsetto
Belt and Power can more or less sound the same unless you pronounce the consonants harder/with more aspiration for Power (and just extend it into Visual Kei). Growl can be a vocal fry transition from natural or whisper.

Last edited:

keopi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Whisper -> Sweet -> Vivid
Soft -> Warm
Natural core (Solid) -> Belt -> Falsetto
Belt and Power can more or less the same unless you pronounce the consonants harder/with more aspiration for Power. Growl can be a vocal fry transition from natural or whisper.
Well, I'm a LITTLE unsure what the "->" means since some of those tones are different than the ones near it. (The way I planned them at least!)

Alright so, I'll explain how each would sound(?) And if you could clarify a bit for my horribly dum,, brain that would be nice!

Natural: Basically would sound how my normal voice sounds and it would not have a specific tone such as power or soft.. just... "normal."
Solid: Would be a stronger, non-nasal voice. Although it's stronger it wouldn't be VERY powerful.
Belt: Very powerful voice bank with almost a scream-sing quality.
Vivid: Strong, yet nasally. I can't explain this one that well... but it's basically like Anna Nyui Vivid.
Serious: A raspy, dark sounding vocal. Sort of like if you were whispering/singing at the same time.
Warm: This one would be soft, but more of a lighter soft than Serious.
Sweet: Would be less soft than both Serious and Warm. It would have cuter pronunciation, too.
Vocal Fry: Obvious(?) Would be like Yamine Renri Edge.
Growl: Intended to be used with Belt. Similar to 塩音ソル_がなり.
Falsetto: A mix of head voice/falsetto that would fit most well with Natural or one of the soft tones.
V-Kei: Just for the sake of having a variety in pronunciation. This one would most likely be kire-styled since I wouldn't want to do it for every voice tone.

1) Depends how good the multipitch one is... I can't even use CVVC's bc UTAUsynth problems so tbh I'd prefer a VCV. Also, VCV are more compatible with USTS.

2) I mean, it would be a cool thing to have them all the same like that but it would be time consuming, no?

pls release regulus i beg of you

keopi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
1) Depends how good the multipitch one is... I can't even use CVVC's bc UTAUsynth problems so tbh I'd prefer a VCV. Also, VCV are more compatible with USTS.

2) I mean, it would be a cool thing to have them all the same like that but it would be time consuming, no?

pls release regulus i beg of you
soon fam, soon

Also, I think I'm going the CVVC route;; (sorry!!)

It just seems way better due to the difference in tones and recording would be very simple.
What I'm going to do is basically like Miku Append. One core voice, three soft, three power. But I'm also adding a few add-ons like vocal fry, falsetto, and growl for the fancy people. And the v-kei thing is just for variation in pronunciation so that doesn't really count I guess... Well anyways, this just seems cool so.. I'll do it!

And it seems like people would think it would be nice for the language extends to be similar but.. yeah, it is time consuming. So I'll do the language extends like how I was doing them before. It's only Japanese that will be getting these tones, then!;;