A Bit Confused About Append Banks~

SamuraiCat

Momo's Minion
So I have a good amount of UTAU banks and there's something I've been curious about for a while:
What are these "append" banks?
Most off the ones I've seen are power or whisper, but I've seen others.
I've heard they have to do with adding a suffix, but I don't understand how to use them at all, starting with the download.
Is it its own bank?
Do I put it in the default banks files?
Any help is greatly appreciated~

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Hello!
An Append VB is more or less an extension of a Voicebank. It contains different expressions, variing from soft, to power, to screamo or shouting. Every singing style can be an append!

Now you don't have to own the original Voicebank, since appends can be used as standalone voicebanks. Some - like Kasane Teto - are intended to be used together in one big voicebank file however! These make use of special suffixes, but not every append does.

Usually, it is noted if you have to use a suffix and what it will do.

Reactions: Nohkara

SamuraiCat

Momo's Minion
Hello!
An Append VB is more or less an extension of a Voicebank. It contains different expressions, variing from soft, to power, to screamo or shouting. Every singing style can be an append!

Now you don't have to own the original Voicebank, since appends can be used as standalone voicebanks. Some - like Kasane Teto - are intended to be used together in one big voicebank file however! These make use of special suffixes, but not every append does.

Usually, it is noted if you have to use a suffix and what it will do.
Thanks so much! I kinda jumped in and tried to figure it out and i was able to get it working!

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Usually an append voicebank means that it is a different voicebank represented by the same character. Although its the same character some people like to make different outfit designs for their UTAU to suit the append.
The append making trend came from Vocaloid I'm assuming. ex Miku Append.

An append is a voicebank with a different tone or expression. It can be used to add more variety or emotion to a song, like whispering or shouting. It makes it so that theres more genres a voice can sing. It's kinda like an "extension" I guess.
Sometimes people mistake an append for a voice that is just modified by editing things like the G flag or the BRE. This is not the case. It's a completely different bank.

Appends can be separate voice banks that have to be downloaded separately but some put the files in the same bank as the original one, so that all you need to do is add the suffix. This way you can switch appends in songs easier.